Echo Mia virtual outputs are overloading and don't know why!

Nigie

Thought I posted this thread earlier but can't find it now:

My Echo Mia virtual 1&2 outputs are overloading when playing back a combination of 2 audio tracks that are fine played separately. When I drop the faders for virtual 1&2 outputs right down the meters still show no reduction in signal even though this drops the volume of what I'm hearing - ie the meters are still showing an overload and the sound is horribly clipped and gratey.

I don't know what I'm doing wrong here!

Nigie,

If I understand your problem correctly, You have two tracks in your sequencer that are causing clipping, and you are trying to turn it down with your mia console. The fadders in your mia console (if I remember right) are only for monitoring purposes. As a result you are turning down the volume of what you are listening to, but you are still getting clipping.

The best thing to do is to adjust the volume of the tracks in your sequencer, or pull down the slider on your master output in your sequencer, so that there is no overload on your outputs.

NOTE: The volume of each track added will add to the volume of the whole mix, therefore, it is normal for tracks to play fine (with no clipping) on ther own, but in combination with other tracks be too loud.

Your mia console is really for monitoring, so make all your adjustments in your audio program.

Solafide you are absolutely and entirely 100% right in your whole analysis and your memory of mia is very accurate!! I can't thank you enough as sometimes these basic signal flow issues just do not compute with me at all.

I'm still staring at this mia "Virtual out" section and it's just taking time to sink in that the meters in this section are as you say monitoring the clipped signal being sent out by the soundcard due to an overload coming from the cubase sequencer. When I turn down the faders in the virtual out section they just reduce the volume of the clipped signal but however low I take them, the volume coming out of the soundcard is still a low volume CLIPPED signal!

I've made reductions in the cubase mixer and the virtual out meters are no longer clipping and I have lovely clean sound...Thankyou thankyou again!!!

Back