Echo Mia sound card

lilman42459

I have this sound card and installed it on my PC.
I hooked up my monitors(edirols) into the card and push play.
Sound only comes out of the Left speaker. Why is this?
I have tried everything.
I hooked my cheap sound blaster back up and it plays through both speakers on it. I know its not the monitors.

Any Ideas?

Thanks
Adam

the Mia has a left and right out (2 seperaste outputs) while the Soundblaster has one stereo output...keep that in mind......

Yeah I also tried that. I have a spliter that I hooked up but still no results. I can figure it out and it really upset me that I have a $200 sound card just sitting here.

lilman42459 said:
Yeah I also tried that. I have a spliter that I hooked up but still no results. I can figure it out and it really upset me that I have a $200 sound card just sitting here.

NOOO, don't use a splitter on the Mia. Read the manual, there is a good diagram on page 10. The plugs on the Mia are 1/4" MONO. Takes two of them to make a stereo pair.

You didn't say what you are monitoring on....

If your monitors have a stereo plug input, you need a Y-Cable that goes from two 1/4" mono plugs to a stereo (3-conductor) plug..... quite different.

If your monitors have RCA plugs, you need separate 1/4"-to-RCAplug cables to go from the two 1/4" Mia outputs to the right and left inputs.

READ the manual.

I have the edirol monitors. I didn't use a spliter sorry for the miss information. I did use the Y cable. It will still only play through 1 speaker(left one)

if you only have 1 cable comming out of your mia card, go buy another!! the channels are mono so you need to have 2 plugged in to get stereo! whatever do you need a y-split for anyways? what edirol monitors do you have btw, its difficult to dermine exactly what you need to fix if i don't know which model you have. :)

Back