E-MU Vintage Pro

still4given

Got my ticket!
A while back I bought a Midiman Raduim 61 for use with my Recording apps and VSTi's. It got me interested in getting a sound module. So, I just purchased a Vintage Pro. I like a lot of the sounds it gets but I would like a better Piano sound. Could any of you suggest which expansion ROMs might give me the best "natural" piano sounds? Where is the best place to get them?

Thanks, Terry

Don't they have a rom called "The Perfect Piano" using sounds designed by a piano tuner named Koakley or something????

I think that's probably gonna be your best bet...

hmm i think theres a couple for the emu line...i heard they suck tho...=\....i might get a couple for mah mophatt but thats yet to be decided...do tell about your experiance if you do copp one :)

I think the one with the Coakley piano is "Sound of the ZR". The other one for the Emu line is the "Holy Grail" expansion board. I have this and it's a lot better than what people say. I never understood the negative reacton to the board. In any case, the Holy Grail board is the best piano board you are going to be able to find for the Emu Proteus 2000 series, in my opinion. The Coakley piano would be the other consideration, and it might work better depending on your music. I prefer the Holy Grail piano myself.

Thanks for the replies. Any ideas where the best places to buy them are?

Also, another question, the Vintage Pro has three additional slots. Does this mean I can add three more rom cards? Also, if I can, will I be able to access all of them from the menu?

Thanks again, Terry

Yes, you can add three more sound expansion boards, and yes, you can view all of them from the front panel display. It's very easy to work with multiple sound cards on these Emu synths.

As far as where to buy them, here's a couple places with good prices:

http://www.8thstreet.com/

http://musiccenterinc.com/

When you call Music Center, ask for Tom, I've dealt with him for years and he always gives me great deals.

Hope this helps.

Thanks SOnic,

Looks like 8th street is selling the sounds of ZR for $129. That's the cheapest I've seen them, even on Ebay.

Blessings, Terry

Back