E-MU Vintage Keys Pro

Modus

Zaireeka!
Hi all,
I was flipping through the new GC catalouge and I saw the E-MU Vintage Keys Pro for $545. I'm in the middle of building my computer, so I was focused more on buying PC stuff and I was going to wait to get all this synth stuff later on. But, this looks like a good deal, so I just might grab it and hold off on the pc stuff. I've read a few reviews on it and they all say pretty good things about it, but I would like to hear what people on here think.
How are the sounds compared to the originals (Hammond B3, Wurlitzer EP, Arp 2600 etc..)? And, is there any other module with similar vintage sounds? If this is a good deal than I'll probably get it, but if there's maybe and upgrade for a little more money than maybe I could hold off untill later and get the upgrade.

Modus

wow, I was really tired when I posted this yesterday. I was looking all over for this in the keyboard and sound module forum and I realized that I posted it here. 13 lashes with the cat o' nine! my bad.

Modus

hey - i can't really comment on the sounds of that synthesizer, but i can say that the price for it should not go up. emu dropped the price of their new line of keyboards too $600 a while back so that price should stay. i bought the emu xtreme keys after the price dropped and must say that it is great.

the $545 is a better deal than the $599 that i have been seeing, but i wouldn't worry about missing out on a fantastic deal or anything.... that price should remain.

Before you do that, be advised that there is now a Motif rack module that may give you those "vintage" sounds and then some. I did hear the EMU Vintage Keys module. Some good sounds, rhodes and Wurly sounds. Hammond sounds are not good, Clavinet sounds did not really knock me out and Yamaha electirc Piano (CP80?) sounds were pretty close though I never really did like the sound of that thing.

The vintage thing is really being overdone. Aside from some fraily good Rhodes sounds, this module is, to me, not all that useable. In fact, there are some vintage keys software such as the Lounge Lizard that will give you loads of good Rhodes sounds. Also, reviews are usually biased anyway.

Back