e-mu 1212m help

Hep D MC

ok so i bought the e-mu 1212m. i've yet to install it cuz i've heard i cant get sound out of my headphones using the e-mu alone. can anyone tell me wat i need to do in order to begin recording? right now i only have a studio projects b1 mic and an art pre-amp.

That is because the 1212m does not have a headphone jack. You could record with the monitors at a low volume.

i think i figured out a way to get sound out of my headphones w/o buyin ne extra equip, but another newb question is where do i plug my pre-amp into the e-mu?

I have the 1212m also. I have a two channel preamp, channel 1 from preamp connects to the left 1/4 inch input of the e-mu, channel 2 preamp out goes into the e-mu right input. Each input, left and right, can be panned to center in the mixdown in Cubasis. Just remember to choose stereo for the track you record so you get both channels from your preamp.

i just got a 1212m and i cant seem to start recording...like i can hear the sound and everything from my computer/mp3 files and everything...

im using a mackie 1402vlzpro mixer with the emu 1212m and a mic...i can hear the mic thru the headphones...but when i try recording on cooledit it doesnt pick up the mic at all...and i did configure the patchmix to record a mono source using WDM...i dont know why its not working... what should i do?

Back