Dynamic Mic Reviews Anyone? (Repost in Readable Font)

jack1953

I have a brand new Shure SM48 that someone gave me as a gift. Since I use it in a stand and never handle it while performing, and that it sounds great with my voice and PA, I am not going to pursue an SM58.

I also bought a brand new AKG D-5, that was on sale here locally, that sounds great as well!

However I am in a financial position to try a couple more that come in under the $100.00 mark. I have researched some other brands that seem to be comparable, not better, just comparable to the Shure SM58.

I had the Audix OM2 for awhile and sold it when I got the SM48 because I liked the 48 better.

I'd like to choose 2 from this list I have so far, any reviews, opinions, or advice will be priceless!

Thanks in advance.

Jack

Blue Encore100
EV ND767A
Heil Pro20-UT
Audio Technica Pro41

Hi there,

This stands out to me.
"it sounds great with my voice and PA"

What do you want out of a new mic?

A very clean sound that works well with my harmony box. One of the things I noticed when I was given the SM48 was how much clearer sounding the harmonies were than with the Audix OM2 I had.

So what? Clearer again than the 48?

The Beta 58a would be a brighter/clearer mic. It has greater high frequency response.

I have a brand new Shure SM48 that someone gave me as a gift. Since I use it in a stand and never handle it while performing, and that it sounds great with my voice and PA, I am not going to pursue an SM58.

I also bought a brand new AKG D-5, that was on sale here locally, that sounds great as well!

However I am in a financial position to try a couple more that come in under the $100.00 mark. I have researched some other brands that seem to be comparable, not better, just comparable to the Shure SM58.

I had the Audix OM2 for awhile and sold it when I got the SM48 because I liked the 48 better.

I'd like to choose 2 from this list I have so far, any reviews, opinions, or advice will be priceless!

Thanks in advance.

Jack

Blue Encore100
EV ND767A
Heil Pro20-UT
Audio Technica Pro41

767 current fave, just a nice well rounded tone (havent used a 58 is so long can't even say how the tone compares exactally

RP20 lighter in the body tones, and top bump is higher. So brighter/airy and less heft than the typical live voc mics.

Back