Dynamic events in wave editor??

Roker1

Hi guys,
I've posted the same question on cubase.net, but no answers, so I thought I'll try here:
I am using VST 32 5.0....I've imported some samples of drum hits into cubase and set up a pattern let's say with kick, snare and hihats ....when I select the kick samples, let's say, and open 'em in the wave editor....then I try to lower the volume envelope on one of them but the envelope moves accordingly on every other part as well....how can I do this to only one part and not to the others...I know they're all really the same part, but I should be able to give them different volumes...thanks guys ..any help much appreciated

A couple of thoughts here...

1. Can you load them into a drum module like the LM9 that comes with Cubase? Have, say, four different samples (or four identical samples if you wish), all with different volumes, and then assign them to velocities that you can edit in the midi drum controller.

2. Fader automation.... if you're willing to take the time to draw in volume envelopes on each individual hit, automating your fader might be even more efficient than that.

3. Rather than having -identical- copies throughout your song, rename the tiny little event that you have - say, a kick drum sound. THEN change the volume envelope. You will now have a second discrete event, rather than a copy of the first. Maybe even rename the first one, so you have, say, Kick1 and Kick2....

Otherwise.... something tells me there must be a way, but I'm stuck beyond this.

Chris

Thanks Chris...I was thinking of automating the volume and it would take forever to do...unless I can copy the mix automation track accordingly with the pattern copies....but I'll see..I'll work something out...
Thanks for input

Cheers

all fixed!!

It's all working now...one of the options in the prefferences wasn't ticked on that needed to be on...flying again:)

Cheers

"CREATE NEW SEGMENTS WHEN COPYING PARTS" or something like that....it's in audio preferences box......
so I guess it creates new segment for each copied file, so it has "different" segments to the original...or...i dunno man.....the main thing is it's working now:)

Back