Dying to know how can I get this 'sound'

MasterRS

Hi guys..I can sing like the guy in this video..and I wondered is this just autotunes or something else..as I really would love to get the same effect..I have cubase 6 elements..garageband..logic pro 9..and audacity..do you think using the se x1 mic and saffire 6 i have i could achieve the same sound? and how?

I_will_rap will sing you a song for $5, only on fiverr.com

Out of interest also you can see he has a blue yeti mic i believe is it true these mics cost $1000 like the guy said? And any ideas on what software you think he's used?

Yep, I think it's just autotune man. Have you played with any pitch editor before? You can get this effect pretty easily with a plugin type pitch shifter. It's all about the speed at which it changes the pitch. Faster speed will give more unnatural results..

I did a google search for blue yeti and they came up for $200 or so, but maybe it's a different type. He is definately using several effects and he could be using any DAW as most if it not all of them will do this, you just have to know them.

It kind of sounds like a lil wayne effect, might check youtube for a tutorial maybe on that sound and then adjust from there.

i see guys.. :s tried it with my voice and didn't seem to work..ill have to look up those settings..does anyone know how you can find out what key your singing is for the autotune? and whats melodyne?

i see guys.. :s tried it with my voice and didn't seem to work..ill have to look up those settings..does anyone know how you can find out what key your singing is for the autotune? and whats melodyne?

Melodyne is a type of autotune. It's just made by a different company.

Autotune will tell you what key you're singing in, or least, it'll tell you the notes your singing.

It'll show the note you tried to sing, how close you were to it, and will allow you to adjust your accuracy after recording.

A human voice can't go directly from an F to G without either breaking in between, or gliding. It's not possible. There's always some amount of natural glide, or transition.

Autotune tools set for instant transition will eliminate any glides and make the human voice sound like a piano.
It's either one note or an other.....Nothing in between.

That's the effect you're hearing.

Back