DXI problems, Sonar XL1.3 win98

dhriley

Hi to all,
I am currently running Win 98SE with Sonar XL 1.3 and Sound Forge 4.5. Everything is stable and runs fine. But, I have big latency when trying to use the DXI effects in Sonar, like revalver and the synths. I have a Yamaha Waveforce 192 sound card, and the best latency I can get is 26ms, any lower and it starts popping and distorting. I havd also tried a Creative PCI512, but that seemed worse. I am thinking that upgrading to Win XP may solve the latency problems if I can use the WDM drivers. If anyone else is using these same programs, with similar hardware, I'd like to know what you think. My PC is a PIII 550, with 320ram, 20 gig WD 7200, and a 30 gig Maxtor 7200. both set to DMA. Win 98se has no "extras", no internet, no games, etc., just used for music. Thanks for any and all advice,
dhriley

Switching to an OS that will allow you to use WDM drivers will help your latency, but I'm guessing your system is still going to be a problem.

I doubt that you will get very good latency on the 550 MHz P3.

I don't think the Waveforce 192 has WDM-drivers nor is supported by Windows 2k/XP...

You should be able to use your updated WDM drivers with Win98SE.

So,...................... you should try updating your soundcards drivers.

spin

Back