DX-4D with a 3340???

MartyMcFly

Hi,
Can I hook up a Tascam DX-4d to a Teac 3340? Ive been looking and i dont see where to put the cascade cable?
Thaks

Awww Come Now?!?!
I sold one on ebay to a guy who is trying to hook it up to a Teac 3340. He says it doesnt work. I know it worked for me on a Tascam 32 and 38-8. I have looked at 4 Teac 3340's on ebay and NONE of them appear to have the proper sticker to peel off and stick a cascade cable from the DX-4D.

True plug & play, I don't think it'll work with the 3340. With a mod, I dunno. Maybe. Did you tell the buyer it would work with his 3340?:confused:

cjacek...
No I did not. So then Im not wrong when I Cant See a Cascade Cable connection on the back of the 3340? I only care if it will work with a 3340. Thanks for the answers so far

No, there doesn't seem to be an input [on the 3340] for the dbx signal cable. I think it was meant to work with a manual, encode / decode, box [I'm not sure of the model #] but not the DX-4D. The buyer definitely should have done his homework prior to purchase. Oh well, what can one do?;)

OK...
So if you are using a Teac 3340 and a DX-4D can you just plug the control signal cable back into the cascade cable jack in the DX-4D and that will make it work?
Cause the guy I sold the item to says he knows what hes doing and thats what you're supposed to do to make a Teac 3340 and Tascam DX-4D work. But it still doesnt work. I am gonna refer the guy I sold this unit to to this thread. Im also checking in past threads for people asking the same question as me.

Last edited:
From what I understand, those early 3340's were originally meant to work with dolby units. As for dbx, the DX-4D will not work "as is", without the 3340 having a control signal entry at the back. My 3440 has one and I can use the DX-4D but looking over the many picts of the 3340, that one lacks the input. BTW, I don't know how plugging in the DX-4D control cable to the same box would work. The cascade input makes sense when 2, DX-4D units are needed but then one of the control cables must go into the recorder as well. If the buyer says he knows what he's doing then it certainly doesn't look like it or he knows something I don't.:confused:

Acording to the Tascam manual for the dx 4d the unit will not pass audio unless it is connected to the control output of the recorder.

I dont think the dx4d was even invented yet when the 3340 was built.

Back