DVD burner

gasal69

Hello!
I did not post for a long time.
Sorry! Many reasons but no excuse.
I got married in the meantime by the way. Still no excuse.

I read this thread about DVD burners and just want to add at DVD-burner changed my home recording to something bigger, better and more creative.
(I will not only mention back up on DVD+R discs which are 4,7gb.)

DVD burner has opened possibility for music videos.
I’m not talking about real music video because it would take all time I need for my music.
But after I put my music together with some old home video or just with picture slide show everything became funnier.
It was not my attention in the first place but since I completed my Adobe collection everything changed.
I use Adobe Audition, A Photoshop, A. Premier and A. Encore.
Everything started when one of my friends asked me to do something with the sound noise on his video.
Then I tried to put some of my music in the background.
One thing went to another and here I am.

I put my music into my wedding video and suddenly the video looked much nicer. I don’t want to make fancy videos and spend most of my time for this.
Usually I put pictures from old gigs and let them go as a slide show.

OK! That’s enough!
I have one advice for those who did not install DVD-burner yet.

Some DVD-burners burn data to DVD-R discs some to DVD+R.
Of course there are DVD burners which use both.

I was stupid enough to buy DVD-R discs for my + burner and made my day miserable.

Gasal, I'm interested in DVD video for a couple of excellent reasons - it's at higher resolution than CD, so the sound's smoother; plus it's got VIDEO, which is wonderful. But here's what I'm thinking. For the home recordist, one medium is about all you can handle. What I mean is this: if you're going to do a good job of recording music, you're probably going to have to spend your time doing that. And if you want video, you're probably going to have to find someone else to do it, cuz it's a full-time hobby. Am I right? Do DVD video projects for music require at least two people - one to do the music, and one to handle the video?

Hello Dobro!

You’re absolutely right.
I try not to spend my time to learn and practise some other art.
But if it takes just a little bit then I say why not.
And it took really just a little more of my time.
The time when I felt uninspired and did not file like I was in mood to polish my tunes.

I don’t edit videos, I don’t do fancy effects …if you know what I mean.
I just cut video to match audios length and let it fade at the end.

I made one song about my home town many years ago. This song is on DVD now together with old pictures of the town.
The song which became boring after many years has got life again. Everyone of my friends think so.

I made one hybrid DVD which contents all Cool Edit files, all mix versions, never used tracks, mp3-s and video too.
Adobe Audition plays everything direct from DVD ROM.

If I let someone else to do this it will look PROOOOOOOOOO.
That was never my attention.
My music does not sound professionally either. I don’t think I am good.
The thing is that I like this hobby so much and as long I’m learning something new every day I’ll never get bored.

I design hydraulics valves professionally, by using 3D tools.
They pay me big bucks to do that because I do it well.

Home recording is something I do for free (no one is going to pay me for that) but I think it pays in some other way.

Sometimes, I envy people who wake up in the morning and go to the studio to work with big smile.
But I never said I did not like my job.
3D product design is interesting too. I think this is the only way to do both.

I would like to know what do you do for a living Dobro?
What other home recorders do?

Arrgghh, matey - not so sure if I like the cut o' yer jib quite so much as I did in the day when ye were just a lad. Edward Teach... not a man to be trifled with...not a men to meet if you had the choice, actually.

Back