(dutch) One that I wrote

christiaan

Last July, we (me and three friends) recorded this song on a wednesday night in a small project studio (mainly Behringer gear so no place for a gear snob but the owner is a cool guy). I wrote the song a couple of days earlier and we had one or two hours of rehearsal time the night before. (God, I hate rush jobs) So... it's not perfect, I know. But I hope you'll like it.

BTW: The words are in dutch, so I don't expect many comments on the lyrics. Maybe a few :)

(me = bass/backing vocals)

Your bass playing is good.

The lead vocals are too bright, the "s"s are too sharp... reducing the treble a little will solve that. Bass, drums, rhythm were all well balanced and tonally on. Singer can certainly sing.

I speak no dutch, so I loved the lyrics :D.

Pinky said:
The lead vocals are too bright, the "s"s are too sharp...
I agree with that.
From what I know it's what the C3000B is notoriously famous for.. Too bad but that was the only LD condenser that was available..

Well, I find the lyrics to be somewhat vague - probably because I have no idea what she's saying:)

Seriously, sounds real good. I don't agree about the brightness of the vocals - or at least not specifically the vocals. Overall I could stand a little more "oomph" on the whole mix - maybe a little more low end. But that's nitpicking. Nice 70s kind of sound to this one. Nothing flashy production-wise but everything is in its place and gells together nicely.

Chris

Back