Dust Under The Wheel: Remix

Mr. Moon

Force of Naked
Hi folks,

I slammed out an updated mix of "Dust Under the Wheel" late last night, and it's ready to be critiqued, slammed, or whatever. I took everyone's comments into consideration when I approached it this time around, and I'm ready to see what ya' all think.

Dust Under The Wheel:
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/5/highdroplainmusic.htm

Any/all constructive and relevant feedback will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

-mr moon

Mr Moon
Nice playing.
Good mix as far as relationships go and panning.

The only nit is the vocals could use a hint more edge frequency wise. Take that with a grain of salt though because I am listening at work on lunch break through computer speakers.

I would be happy with recording folks this good!

Tom

The cymbals seem a bit loud to me....and a bit hashy, could be the encoding.

The vocal sounds great to me and the mix is really balanced other than a bit of overly bright cymbals.

Sounds like you got what you were after for sure, good work.

tmix said:
Mr Moon
Nice playing.
Good mix as far as relationships go and panning.

The only nit is the vocals could use a hint more edge frequency wise. Take that with a grain of salt though because I am listening at work on lunch break through computer speakers.

I would be happy with recording folks this good!

Tom

Thanks for the feedback and compliments! I feel honored to be able to play with these folks (I'm the guitarist) as well as writing, recording, producing, and mixing our own tunes. It makes music fun!

-mr moon

jake-owa said:
The cymbals seem a bit loud to me....and a bit hashy, could be the encoding.

The vocal sounds great to me and the mix is really balanced other than a bit of overly bright cymbals.

Sounds like you got what you were after for sure, good work.

Hi Jake-owa,

Thanks for the feedback. I'll take a listen for the high-end. I had received some other feedback that the previous version didn't have enough sizzle on the highs, maybe I went a bit overboard? :o

Thanks! This mixing stuff is beginning to make sense... :rolleyes:

-mr moon

Back