duron duron duron ???

lukgier

hej
sorry for taking on this subject again but i want to be sure if i go right buying it. i would like to ask if my gigasampler/gigastudio do work with duron and if i don't have any other problems (with cubase50, wavelab etc)
if we take duron 750, with which p3 can we compare it. will its fpu be good for music programs (i have k6-450 and i am quite glad with it but i need sth much faster to carry many effects in cubase)?
thanks a lot

It's all about compatability. I suggest you do the following:

Contact your soundcard manufacturer and make sure it is supported by the VIA chipsets on Athlon/Duron boards, and which chipsets.

Contact Nemisys and Steinberg as to any compatability issues with the Athlon/Duron processors and chipsets.

This is the way it is for non-intel chipsets. They can work just great,but your up against more potential problems between various pieces of hardware as well as a limitation of hardware choices.

I'm sure the FPU is fine on the Duron, and should be a good step up from your current K6-2. Just research all your components carefully is my advice.

thanks for the piece of your advice. i checked it some time ago and i know that aardvark pro isn't compatible with via chepsets but kx133 and kt133 which i thought to use with duron. i will try to got to know about cubase.
thanks again

Back