dumb midi ?????s

jimimac

How can I trigger my dr-5 drum machine with my digital 8 track?
I know how to trigger it using my key board midi out to midi in.
Can the recorded tracks on the 8 track trigger the dr-5???

8 track has midi out only.

jimimac

jimimac
I dont have a drum machine but if your 8 track has a midi out you can trigger it if you have recorded the midi drum data to a track by itself. Check the documentation on your machines. Remember also midi data can not be heard when its recorded. You may be also be able to embed the midi data with the song material on one track if your 8 track permits it. You can also trigger it by sequencer software and should be able to make either the computer or 8 track be the master playback. In other words if you hit play on the 8 track that would be your master. If your setup is connected to a computer already
with sequencer software and a multiple midi interface you should be ready to go. Just record that midi data and send it to the device you want to. My limited 2 cents worth!
Duck
duck

jimimac
I dont have a drum machine but if your 8 track has a midi out you can trigger it if you have recorded the midi drum data to a track by itself. Check the documentation on your machines. Remember also midi data can not be heard when its recorded. You may be also be able to embed the midi data with the song material on one track if your 8 track permits it. You can also trigger it by sequencer software and should be able to make either the computer or 8 track be the master playback. In other words if you hit play on the 8 track that would be your master. If your setup is connected to a computer already
with sequencer software and a multiple midi interface you should be ready to go. Just record that midi data and send it to the device you want to. My limited 2 cents worth!
Duck
duck

Back