'dull' sounding mix?

Ok, typing as I listen.

The first thing that jumped out at me with the intro is that you have the mid frequencies a bit crowded. Lots of mid type instruments in there.

The bass sounds good when it's on it's own at the 2 minute mark, but it gets lost in the mix when everything else comes in. Again, I think it's the mid frequency crowding.

Interesting song, but your vocals are muddy and I have trouble making out some of what you are saying.

It's a full mix, just a little mid heavy.

ok, thanks for the feedback guys. ya i got to work on those midtones and the vocals.

btw that's not me singing. i live in belgium , the singer in texas - i suppose you could call us an 'internet band'

Last edited:
I like the vocal sound & the "unintelligibleness". This is the sort of song I'd reach for the cover & READ the lyrics as I absorb the sound.
There is a need for more bottom end though (in my headphones at least).
I can't decide whether it needs the sheen that was on JDivision's Closer or not.
Are you going to get a prof mastering job done?
I LIKE this mate - well done.

No, nothing Dull about it. Lots of bunched upper midrange though, and no punch whatsoever... Needs mondo bottom end to drive home the deep vocal timbre...

Sounds like the drums were acquired in one mic, and a fix might not be possible given that.

The tune is really a cool concept piece, very inventive, and I agree with rayc's assessment re: the vocal diction, or pleasing lack thereof... :)

Back