Ducted AC Treatment - Opinions?

ENIGMACODE

Once once again I'd like thank John Sayer, and those who are participating in these threads concerning the design of this studio.

This topic concerns the treatment of AC ducts entering a studio

I searched 'SAE's' web page for advice on this matter and couldn't readily find a link on the topic?

The following information is from another source:

“If installing a new HVAC system & ductwork, make sure that you don’t have drops (registers) in adjacent studios that are fed by the same trunk (main duct coming from the blower). Instead, add an additional trunk line and feed each other room as shown to the left. If you do your wall construction appropriately, you might even consider terminating your duct into the space between two wall studs, which you can line with fiberglass board, then venting that space into the room. We’ve seen this done and it proved to be very quiet! Also, don’t let your HVAC system dump air between your ears and your monitors, as moving air distorts sound waves. Try to put no ducts on walls that are shared between studios or on outside walls.”

Ok, well given the information above, (as I interpret it), here's another terrific primitive diagram of what I'm trying to design -
(corrections and suggestiopns ALWAYS welcomed)

I'm wondering if I can still get away with conncecting the duct feeds off of some sort of 'coupler' attached to the actual unit which will be mounted on the rear exterior wall. (see diagram)

http://users.bignet.net/~rocknroll/acducts.jpg

And again thanx.....

Mike Fraticelli
rocknroll@bignet.net
www.locationstudio.net

Back