'DubbaTron' (Dubetsp/Drum'n'Bass) Original by Rockonin

rockonin

Hey guys i've spent less than a week making this song. I used cubase 5 as usual with mostly NI's Massive vst. This is the first mix. I probably will try and add some vocals at a later date. Let me know what you guys think of the arrangement and mix.

Cheers

Youtube

Sound Cloud

Hello,

I'm listening on my iPad so I won't say anything about the mix. As for your arrangement, I would definitely not have the lead synth playing throughout the whole track. You got to put in a nice rest to set in some dynamic. Otherwise, it gets a bit boring after the first couple minutes. I'm not a dubstep fan so I don't really know what is the main arrangement style for it. But I am a big trance/techno/dance/electronica fan and even for the hardcore tunes they will usually always have a rest bridge with soft-synths in which it'll be calmer and allows the listener to "rest" before the hard synths and pads pick up again.

I hope that helps. Remember, use dynamic to avoid a monotone mood.

Great melodies, bass and synths, really like the feel. Good progressions and build ups. The mix needs some work, I'd love to remix this track if with your permission!

+1 to Chakras comment. It's pretty much one dynamic level for the first 2 minutes solid, and then the slight break is only 10 seconds of a second dynamic.

I like the chiptunesy bleeps though.

I like the accelerando in the second minute. You don't hear that often in dance-type genres.

Back