Dual Monitor Setups

I Got Riffs

I have:

PC with one VGA output
Computer monitor with VGA input
HDTV with VGA, S-Video and RCA inputs

I'm looking for a cheap way to hook up both of these monitors. Unlike most, I don't really need to expand my screen or have a mixer on one monitor and a tracking window in another. My setup involves turning 180 degrees in my chair to another midi controller - having the same screen in front of me would suffice.

So do I need to install another video card or is there a cheap VGA splitter I can use? I checked some prices and a VGA/USB adapter wasn't much cheaper than a video card. I wanted to splice some cables and make my own, but I figured I'd check here first.

There are cheap VGA splitters you can use. Not so sure how well it works though since VGA is not that great for higher resolutions. Unless both your monitor and your TV has the same resolution the image on the TV will be rather distorted or in the worst case, some might be missing. Don't really know how it handles an input of the wrong resolution.

The easiest way to do it would be getting a new video card. You can set it them up in a clone mode to show the same thing on both monitors.

Almost any video card should work for you as long as it has dual outputs. As long as you don't plan on doing anything graphics intensive nearly any budget card should work.

Back