Dual M-Audio Delta 1010LTs

Aoresteen

I just finished installing a second M-Audio Delta 1010lt in my PC. I'm running Windows XP SP3 with 4 GB RAM.

First the XP driver on M-Audio's site will not support dual 1010LTs. I called them and they told me that they would send me a link to a "special' driver that will work with dual 1010LTs under XP.

NOTE: To call M-Audio you MUST register your interface and get a support number. Pain in the butt. But once done I got through quickly.

I downloaded the driver. It's version 5.10.00.5057ver3.

When you run it, it FORCES you to uninstall the previous diver (mine was 5.10.00.5047). Then you can run it again to actully install it.

So far all is well. The MIDI out on the second card works (I tried it in Sonar 4 PE).

I wire-tied the in/outs in pairs (1&2 together, 3&4 together etc). On card 1 I used white wire ties. On card 2 I used blacke wire ties and I used a labeler to CLEARLY label all the jacks. Makes life much easier when crawling under the desk tring to find out pair 5&6 on the first card :D

So why do I need 16 inputs? I don't but my brother needs 8 for his drums and I need only one for my guitar :)

Dang drummers!

Back