Dry recording on Br8

gtrist

To the experts out there,

I have been recording vocals, instraments etc. dry. After choosing the effect that I'm going to use, how do I save it to track so that I can switch back to the Input/Normal and move on to the next dry track?

Keep ona rockin

gtrist,

After you decide on a certain effect for the dry track. "BOUNCE" that track (ONLY) to a open virtual track. Then you can "Copy + Insert" that new track wherever you like. You can keep the original dry track or erase it. Your choice.

Good Luck

Steven

Hey Steven,
Thanks again for the info. I knew it had something to do with bouncing the track. I appreciate the fact that you answer these questions. It steers me in the right direction and saves me a lot of guessing.......Another question, what is the difference between Copy and Copy Insert?

Doug

PS. You have answered every question I have asked and I have been moving right along with my recordings.
I have figured out a lot with the manuel, but knowing that you pretty much have mastered the BR8 gets me there a whole lot faster,

Thanks again Steven.

Doug,

The difference between "Copy" and "Copy + Insert" is: In "Copy + Insert" it you choose both the "Copy" and the "Insert" locations. In "Copy" you only choose the location where you are copying from. You would then have to choose "Insert" and then choose the location to insert the track. Seems like alot of work. I just use the "Copy + Insert" feature. It works great.

Good Luck.

Steven

Steven,
I have been using the Copy. I record, lets say one measure of rhythm guitar for the verse, then I Copy from the start of the measure to the end of the measure and place it at the end of the measure I recorded and how many times the measure is to be played. Therefore I only have to play the measure once and use it throughout the song. It seems like they do the same thing. However I will use the copy + insert to see what the difference is. I will let you know.

Doug

Doug,

You can still use the "Copy + Insert" option even if you only wanna play a certain part once.

As for me, I dont want EVERY part to sound the same. I like the "Little differences". This is my own personal taste/style though.

Steven

Back