drums?

Thyst

I have a band and we havent quite got all of our recording stuff yet, and I was wondering how the drum recording goes. The echoaudio thing said i can only do to tracks at a time, so does that mean I can only record with 2 mics at once (or can I record with more when I get a better sound card?) Do you just have to keep recording until everything is in the right place with the drums, oh and do you need a mic for every drum.

If you could give some more detail about your computer specifications it will help.

I think the echo thing indicates how many tracks you can playback at once, not so much record at once. Again, this is where your computer horsepower need's to be known, because echo reporter I've heard, is not all that accurate.

If the sound card you are using now, only has one line input (use line, not mic input), you can only record from 2 sources at one time.

You will need some kind of adapter's, depending on what equipment you have. For drums, you can get decent results with 2 mic's, but more often more are required - More details, do you have a mixer, what kinda mic's etc.

Back