druming for non drummers?

oh_the_blood

i need to add some drum parts in my songs.

ive tried keyboarding it, but i just cant keep it steady and im not that great.

ive tried that zoom drum machine, and it sucks.

any suggestions?

i just need basic simple beats, i was just thinking of buying a bass drum a snare and a hi hat...

suggestions please.

switch on quantising 1/16 or 1/8 in your sequencer then use the midi outs from your keyboard. This'l straighten up your keyboard beats.

im sorry, i have no idea what that is.

i have a pretty old casio keyboard that does it all midi n all but please explain more?

im kinda a newb

ok. well are you able to connect your midi keyboard to your recording device (PC). right now open up your recording program, and create a midi track. set this up to be controlled by the keyboard. now search through your software for quantizing. might be on the actual track. set this to 1/16. set the output of your midi track to some sort of midi drum sound set. (lm7 comes with cubase i think.) Now it should line up you drumming. adjust the 1/16 if its too strong or to weak. This is a very rough method, check the internet or buy a book on how to do it. something like 'homerecording for musicians for dummies' is pretty good.

quantizing - To limit the possible values of (a magnitude or quantity) to a discrete set of values by quantum mechanical rules.

In plain English, this means that the notes that you play out of time are adjusted to the nearest (in this case) sixteenth note. You do have to make sure that you set the tempo of the song to the proper tempo, otherwise this won't work.

i may be wrong, but i think it doesnt actually have anything to do with quantum physics/mechanics. It just forces your beats to have fixed discrete values.

quantizing sorta rounds off the timing to the nearest grid. You can specify whether the grid is every 1/4, 1/8, 16 note etc. It really only works if you record the MIDI and then process the notes so.... it might not help you.
Have you looked into a Yamaha DD55? It's a cheapo electronic drumset of sorts, but at least you can hit it with real drum sticks and the samples aren't terrible either.

i think he was relating it to quantum physics in terms of photons having quantized energies/wavelengths when shown in a photo emission spectrum due to them only being emmited when electrons fall from set values to set values.
no?
good luck with it anyway

Back