drumagog users - how many channels do you get?

kristian

I am upgrading my computer and I downlaoded a trial of drumagog 3.09. On my curreny P3-733 with 19 tracks going at 24/48 with about 8 Vegas effects going I can't use a single drumagog track without stuttering. I am getting an AMD 2500+ and upgrading my system, how many tracks should I expect with drumagog on this setup? It seems like Not more than 2 or 3, which is dodgy. How many channels are you getting right now, and with what setup?

I've got an Athlon 1800+, 640MB ram, WIN XP and I've had 4 tracks going with drumagog no probs. Haven't needed to use any more than that

I thought about it being a trial version they might cripple some of the features but no slow it down. I tried removing some effects and tracks and i could get one channel of drumagog going, but on a P3-733 that seems a bit extreme for CPU usage.

A trick I've come up with when it comes to plugins like that is to get it all set, then just apply the effect. Once you get it right, you most likely won't be coming back to adjust it later, so you might as well save as much cpu power as possible.

Re: Re: drumagog users - how many channels do you get?

fldrummer said:
That might be the problem right their.
The trial version is not crippled before time runs out...

kristian,
What's your CPU usage before inserting the first instance of Drumagog?

ok, who is the fool here? i read what you said about CPU usage before hand and it was hovering aroun 90%, which is a lot. so i tried it on a less effects intense song and got one track going fine, the second would work depending if i dropped more effects off. so i guess my 2500+ should be able to get a few more, which is cool. I am going to try to make my own samples because those ones that come with it don't mix with my kit. I am surprised at how real drumagog sounds, it is a really good plugin.

there's some pretty good free samples

look here

you'll want to create dynamic multisamples from the single sample. create a set and change the pitch and volume... this will really sound like the real thing...

what i was thinking of doing was recording a few sets of me hitting my own drums at different intensities so the pitch and volume level are varied on their own. if i have the idea correct i can have different sets of hits for different volumes coming into the plugin. and that will select which "bank" of sounds gets randomised. i will have to check out those samples some other time, i have to eat dinner before i go see travis tonight. thanks.

Has anyone else had problems with Drumagog sensitivity settings?

For instance, I have a hard time getting it to register both hits of a 'flam' on the double kick...if I can get it to that sensitivity level it seems to also pick up the snare at times....

?

GalacticCelt said:
Has anyone else had problems with Drumagog sensitivity settings?

For instance, I have a hard time getting it to register both hits of a 'flam' on the double kick...if I can get it to that sensitivity level it seems to also pick up the snare at times....

?
are you adjusting the resolution...

if this doesn't quite work, then put the flams on another track and put another Drumagog on that track and set the resolution tighter. have you tried EQ'ing the Snare feed to Drumagog

but, 99% of the time I've always been able to adjust the resolution and sensitivity to get what I need...

cool...I'll have to play with that more...

My drummer's left foot is weaker than the right (I guess that's normal?) and we were having misfires...

I actually thought about just manually cutting all the stuff out between the kicks, since it's not grabbing much of the 'kit' sound.

Thanks for the advice!

Yeah, I'd create a separate track and cut and paste together the flam and setup Drumagog just on that track. That way your resolution isn't wacky on the other track. Those fast resolution or time settings in Drumagog can get pretty hairy, even on a single hit if you set it too short it will give you two...

War

Warren Dent
www.frontendaudio.com

I have been able to run with 4 drumagog tracks but not really successfully. was putting one on kick and snare, then one on each overhead and playing around with ducking to try and extract drum and snare to just leave the cymbals. Not really possible to this (I don,t think) without getting any weird artifacts added to the OH tracks. much better to just put on kick and maybe a little bit with snare and get you kit sounding as good as possible. good luck

Back