Drum VST

sirenvy

I bought a E. Drum kit, and I am running through my Line 6 UX2, but I really need software that focuses on drum sounds only. Ive heard of Addictive Drums and EZ DRummer, any of those suffice my needs?

Short answer: Yes.

Long answer: It depends on your needs and only you can decide what those are and what will suffice.

EZDrummer works well with edrums, i'm sure AD does also.

I am not to familiar with any of the products. Basically, I am a guitar player, who can play the drums so and so. I really need a program to get my e.drums sound right, because through the UX2, I have to pick the gear, and its used for guitars and vox....I am assuming these products work via USB.

I am not to familiar with any of the products. Basically, I am a guitar player, who can play the drums so and so. I really need a program to get my e.drums sound right, because through the UX2, I have to pick the gear, and its used for guitars and vox....I am assuming these products work via USB.

Well, you should just google them and find out. You'll learn more with a quick read from their websites than what any of else can tell you.

www.toontrack.com
XLN Audio
Steven Slate Drums

That was easy.

I think that Addictive Drums slightly better than EZDrummer because of the efficiency of the "edit" tool. EZDrummer is quite disappointing if you want to set your kit to your own sounds.
But still, EZDrummer is a great VST (specially if you have all the expanasions kits).

Well, you should just google them and find out. You'll learn more with a quick read from their websites than what any of else can tell you.

www.toontrack.com
XLN Audio
Steven Slate Drums

That was easy.

If this website was for people to go and venture onto Google for information then this site wouldnt exist, now would it? Just save it pal, I nor anyone else wants to hear it. I ask a simple question, and if you dont know, then DONT answer. Simple, 1-2-3...

I think that Addictive Drums slightly better than EZDrummer because of the efficiency of the "edit" tool. EZDrummer is quite disappointing if you want to set your kit to your own sounds.
But still, EZDrummer is a great VST (specially if you have all the expanasions kits).

Thank you for your opinion. See Chili, its things like this guy that makes Forums a ton of help.

Well, i downloaded the demo. for Addictive Drums and I cant get my drumset recognized by the software.

Go check out EZ Drummer.
I mentioned EZ Drummer to a local friend that wanted to record something other than the drum module sounds in his electronic kit. He seemed satisfied. Might be worth checking out.

Good luck. Hope you find something that works for you.

If this website was for people to go and venture onto Google for information then this site wouldnt exist, now would it? Just save it pal, I nor anyone else wants to hear it. I ask a simple question, and if you dont know, then DONT answer. Simple, 1-2-3...

The funny thing is, you didn't ask a simple question. You asked others to do your thinking for you and you didn't give any information. Go back and read my first reply. Only you can decide what is sufficient for your needs.

There are a lot of threads about EZD and edrums. Depending on what edrum set you have, it could be plug and play. Granted, I don't know much about AD, but I know it supports edrums. Did you run AD through your DAW as a VSTi? Can you get your edrums to show up as a midi device in your DAW.

People can help you better if you give them more info.

The funny thing is, you didn't ask a simple question. You asked others to do your thinking for you and you didn't give any information. Go back and read my first reply. Only you can decide what is sufficient for your needs.

There are a lot of threads about EZD and edrums. Depending on what edrum set you have, it could be plug and play. Granted, I don't know much about AD, but I know it supports edrums. Did you run AD through your DAW as a VSTi? Can you get your edrums to show up as a midi device in your DAW.

People can help you better if you give them more info.

I understand, but you shouldnt tell people to go and google something then they can venture onto other recording sites. Just saying. Anyway, I have loaded AD into Sonar, but I can get my Drums to plug in. I am trying via USB, but its not being recognize. I think I need to get a MIDI to USB controller. Thinking that may work. But in my manual it says that the USB will send all MIDI messages. So I am not sure what to do. I have tried emailing them, havent had a response yet. I will order a midi to usb, and see if that helps. The ONLY way that i Have been able to record was with the line outs into my Line 6 UX2, and run it with Pod Farm, but Pod Farm is more focuses on Vox and Guitars. Which is why I need a program like EZ Drummer or AD...

I understand, but you shouldnt tell people to go and google something then they can venture onto other recording sites. Just saying. Anyway, I have loaded AD into Sonar, but I can get my Drums to plug in. I am trying via USB, but its not being recognize. I think I need to get a MIDI to USB controller. Thinking that may work. But in my manual it says that the USB will send all MIDI messages. So I am not sure what to do. I have tried emailing them, havent had a response yet. I will order a midi to usb, and see if that helps. The ONLY way that i Have been able to record was with the line outs into my Line 6 UX2, and run it with Pod Farm, but Pod Farm is more focuses on Vox and Guitars. Which is why I need a program like EZ Drummer or AD...

Cool, sorry for getting started on the wrong foot.

What edrums do you have? I would think if it is USB, then it is midi and you only want midi going to AD, not audio. Surprised it's not recognized by your DAW. Are there any drivers you're missing?

Again, I'm not familiar with AD, I am assuming it's just like EZD. With EZD, the edrums send midi data to your DAW (through USB), which then triggers the drums in EZD. There are a good amount of threads here that discuss EZD and edrums.

I have the Simmons SD7PK, its a great set. I have both USB and MIDI on the Drum Module. The ONLY way I have got my E. Drums to work on Sonar is by going from Line Output on my E.Drum to my Line Input of my Line 6 UX2. Which is then sent to my CPU via USB. Also, keep in mind that the only way I can get sound is with Pod Farm, which is focused on Guitar and Vox, not drums, which is why I want to get either AD or EZ. Also, when I plug in my USB from my edrums it says USB Device Not Recognized...So I bought a midi to usb which comes with drivers, from GC and should be here soon. So thats where i am at, and still stuck....

I will search the forums. But I downloaded AD Demo, so i can try it first. EZ does NOT come with a Demo. So who knows.

i have used sooooooo many different things for drums..

XLN's Addictive Drums is number 1.. i have never heard such realistic drums in my life.. like, by faaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrr.. clowns anything but the real thing (and even then, you need the studio/mics to capture it)

if you are going that way, then go with AD... you will NOT be disappointed..

Also, when I plug in my USB from my edrums it says USB Device Not Recognized....

I took a quick look at the manual and it says Windows or Mac should recognize it with native drivers. It should come up as USB Audio Device. I wonder why that's not happening for you, it's not like you need any special drivers. Did you buy the kit used??

So I bought a midi to usb which comes with drivers

That might work.

EZ does NOT come with a Demo. So who knows.

Yeah, unfortunately it doesn't, but there are several people here who have it working with their edrums and it has always been plug and play.

Good luck, let us know how it works with the midi cable.

but it says for windows XP or vista, but nothing about Windows 7...so I am hoping that when I get the Midi-to-USB that with the drivers it works with Windows 7

I bought the kit brand new from Guitar Center the day after X-Mas.

If you can get the manual. Go to where it talks about MIDI Channels, I am confused on this part. Maybe this what I am missing. Not sure.

just an update. I picked up the MIDI Uno, and went MIDI to USB to CPU, and got everything to work so far. Now I just need to decide which software to get. I like AD, but the price is a tad above what I wanted to spend. But EZ is only 100 at GC, but someone said you couldnt EDIT, which is what I really LOVED about AD. Looks like I am going to spend the money on AD. Thanks everyone who has helped me with this, and look forward to the next time.

Back