Drum sound! mix critique

Do you just want thoughts on the drums? I thought they sounded good. The crashes were a little swishy/hissy. But not bad at all. Every once in a while, there's an odd click on some snare hits.

Other than that, the bass is a bit dominant. As is one of the guitars - there are sections that get real loud.

Second listen - not as bad as I remembered. But the hits at :20, :22, 1:01, 1:29 are a little clicky. There were more elsewhere. Nothing to be real worried about.

Sounds fine to me. I like the verb or on the snare. The whole kit has a nice big sound. It helps that the tune is very tight between bass and drums. Maybe just tad too much low lows on the kick. Maybe not, hard to tell in this room.

Snare sounds superb. May I ask what reverb you used on it?

The toms sound nice and punchy too. Whole song has a nice feel. I can't wait until this gets some vocals on it... assuming there are going to be vocals added?

Really nice sounding drums. I especially like the sound of the kick. I envy your sound :laughings: The reverb is a little much for me but thats really a personal preference.

Sounds fine to me. I like the verb or on the snare. The whole kit has a nice big sound. It helps that the tune is very tight between bass and drums. Maybe just tad too much low lows on the kick. Maybe not, hard to tell in this room.

Thanks! and yes we went for a big drum sound on this song, i think it calls for it and really packs a good punch! the lows on the kick might be the sub kick i added, i like where its at now, but its something i'll look at.

Snare sounds superb. May I ask what reverb you used on it?

The toms sound nice and punchy too. Whole song has a nice feel. I can't wait until this gets some vocals on it... assuming there are going to be vocals added?

Using Logic Pro 9's "space designer" i created my own reverb, had it kick in just after the initial hit so it has a bit of a pull feel to it and EQ'd out the low end a bit so it wouldnt alter the snare punchiness. and yes, very excited to lay vocals on this track

Really nice sounding drums. I especially like the sound of the kick. I envy your sound :laughings: The reverb is a little much for me but thats really a personal preference.

Thank you! and i believe when vocals come it will take the focus a bit off the reverb of the drums, right now that snare is the center of attention (in my eyes)

Back