Drum Machines - Which one for rock music?

homeuser

Not wanting to use my computer's resources for drums, can you guys recommend any drum modules on the market today that could be used for modern rock sounding drums? Thanks..

if its for recording i dont see why you wouldnt want to use something like the Drumkit From Hell/DR-008 combo....ive heard stuff from it that a drum machine just wont touch........

sorry i didnt answer your question...

I want to save cpu space, resources just for my instruments playback. I would like to have the drums come from an external source. I currrently have a roland td-8, but it doesn't deliver for me at least that good sounding modern rock kit. Does any currently available drum machine have this ability?

Probably not. Drumkit from Hell sounds good, that's all I know. I have a drum machine, but it's been at a friends house for eons.

If you'd like to save CPU and use a computer sequencer, then just bounced your programmed drum tracks to disk and play them as an audio file. You'll preserve fildelity and eliminate extra noise, plus you'll have all the sequencing and sample import ability of a very powerful sampler.

-Chris

That zoom sucks...so does the Alesis SR16. I would go for a Boss DR770 for good rock beats. With all drum machines you have to be very sparing with the rolls and fills...so be cautious.

These guys are right though, the sample pasting route is going to be much nicer sounding. Why be afraid, you aren't going to use more resources than just recording your drum track in stereo.

Back