Drum MachinePlugIn / Pro Tools LE

distortd6

hey... im completely new to computer recording.. i just got my MBOX from musicians friend and havent even instaleld it yet... but i already know im goign to have a problem... NO DRUMS!!! is there some kind of plug in i can get somewhere instead of spending the loot to get a drum machine... ????

You'd probably need a drum sample software and a midi controller. Or get a drum sampler with all the built in sounds and run it into ptle. Or get a keyboard and use the cheap ass sounds on there. Or buy drums.

distortd6 said:
hey... im completely new to computer recording.. i just got my MBOX from musicians friend and havent even instaleld it yet... but i already know im goign to have a problem... NO DRUMS!!! is there some kind of plug in i can get somewhere instead of spending the loot to get a drum machine... ????

were you expecting there to be drum software with Pro Tools?
there should be a decent software synthesizer that comes bundled with Pro Tools called SampelTank. That has a few drum sounds in it.

Your pro tools package should have come with some extra software. One of them is called Reason Adapted. It has a kick butt drum computer and a number of other things you might enjoy playing around with. I *highly* suggest getting to know how it works.

Sampletank LE should ask have some drums sounds. Get to know how that works, too- it also has a bit more to offer than just drums.

enjoy!
Chris

Back