Drum heads

Drummer706

AOD AND SANCTIFIED
Hey guys what's up? Listen i need your help. i know i always ask for help about heads for my pearl forum but i need a diffrent kind of help today. i need to buy some heads for my church. we have a pearl session series drum set. now i have been considering evans. on the snare drum i have a evans hd dry head which is brand new. and i love it. but on the toms and batters i have remo. but i am really satisfied with evans. now for the toms i was thinking of the G2 coated or clear but that's just me. what do you guys think i should get for the tom heads????? and for the resonant head what should i get? (the bottom heads). i need good resonant heads (the bottom heads) for the snare and the toms. i want to stick to 1 brand. evans or remo. and for the bass drum what do you guys think i should get, or what do you guys use? also i have problem with the snare. when i play, when i hit the snare softly it sounds muffled i have to hit it hard for it give me that crisp sound but what do i do to get that crisp sound from hitting the snare softly?? thanks a lot for your help guys. god bless.

(hint)-if it helps we play like ballad type of music but ocasionally i practice with my christian heavy metal group. ;)

For church I like the hydrolic heads, because they give it a les bright thud that is typically is precieved to be quieter when in fact it is just as loud as any other drum. The lower tonnation fools people, and they complain less.

i announce it becuase some people are like "your playing heavy metal in a church"? so i just say its a christian heavy metal. i've considered hydraulic heads but what do i buy 4 the resonant side of the tom?

Last edited:
Back