Drum and Bass machines?

Nope - I use EZDrummer and it's not free. I also use Yamaha drum machine on my keyboard to generate midi files with bass/drums. I'm pretty sure you can buy beats in the DJ Forum here.

Get hold of an old Boss Dr 202 (Dr Groove) drum machine, has great drum parts already programmed and bass as well. The drum and bass beats are great. You should get hold of a second hand one pretty cheap and you can program up your own stuff using the inbuilt programs as a starting point.

I used to tour with a electronic / world music dance act and we used one as a drum sound module.

Cheers
Alan.

Get hold of an old Boss Dr 202 (Dr Groove) drum machine, has great drum parts already programmed and bass as well. The drum and bass beats are great. You should get hold of a second hand one pretty cheap and you can program up your own stuff using the inbuilt programs as a starting point.

I used to tour with a electronic / world music dance act and we used one as a drum sound module.

Cheers
Alan.

I used to have one kinda wish I had kept it.

Although it's primitive, any Mac computer can run MidiPipe and it's free and it gives you access to the Roland SoundCanvas in Quicktime. I have used it in OS 10.4.11. Some of the sounds aren't bad and with any of the free DAW out there you could get started that way.

Although it's primitive, any Mac computer can run MidiPipe and it's free and it gives you access to the Roland SoundCanvas in Quicktime. I have used it in OS 10.4.11. Some of the sounds aren't bad and with any of the free DAW out there you could get started that way.
ah...unfortunately I don't have a mac. Thanks though :)

Back