Dropped Mic

I reckon that Micsales spoof guy could pitch this well:

"You've heard of the Brent Casey mod, the Stephen Paul mod, well now let me introduce you to ... the Sonic Idiot mod! Whilst the mics are on the boat coming from Shanghai, we drop them onto a hard surface with a tolerance of +/- 0.00002%. Each mic is carefully aligned with laser-guided automated tripods prior to their descent to the floor, and to tonal heaven. The Sonic Idiot mod - perfect for any mic at any price."

noisedude said:
I reckon that Micsales spoof guy could pitch this well:

"You've heard of the Brent Casey mod, the Stephen Paul mod, well now let me introduce you to ... the Sonic Idiot mod! Whilst the mics are on the boat coming from Shanghai, we drop them onto a hard surface with a tolerance of +/- 0.00002%. Each mic is carefully aligned with laser-guided automated tripods prior to their descent to the floor, and to tonal heaven. The Sonic Idiot mod - perfect for any mic at any price."

....or you could buy the plug-in....

You guys aren't making me feel better.

(Clutches mic to chest. Goes fetal, again)

The worst part is it happened just after recording something I'm really happy with and thinking, "You know, I really do like the sound of this mic. I'm very glad I own it." Now, I will listen to that song over and over while I lay in the corner of my room thinking about how things used to be....

.....Dr. whyseye has the cure!

IMMEDIATELY pack up the mic and ship it directly to me!
Rid yourself of the dreaded reminder - you must free your psyche now!

Seriously - I'm SO sorry - it's a truly horrible feeling, and I don't mean to make light of that sick, squishy spot in your stomach when that stuff happens.

Sorry again!

(.....you, know, I don't know how it sounded before......could sound fab to somebody else.....that knows it's history and can make the informed decision whether it's worthwhile for them......just a thought to try and take the ouch away)

yeargh!!! I dropped my 4050 a while ago whilst recording oh on drums. trying to plug into preamp and CRASH into the ride, followed by a complete feeling of nausea. it seemed a bit quiter after that but i haven't tried it since due to "noob foul induced shame". crap. what to do?

Any "barely noticeable" differences in sound after such an incident are probably 100% psychological. If the crash was hard enough to damage something, it would most likely be damaged good. Something that would do that, like a very slight change in the tension of the diaphram, is very unlikely. You're more likely to just break it.

Well put! Tested it out and it sounds good. I figure they wouldn't make 'em out of metal mesh with metal shock mounts if they didn't expect them to get handled. So later today I will drop it from a second story window and will give you a full report tomorrow.

Back