Drivers, Software for bare bones

Danelectron

I'm setting up a pc for recording ONLY and would like to know how to disable certain resident programs from starting up. I don't need burner and CD playback software to start at boot up, but want to be able to use it on occasion. I've deleted windows web stuff(outlook express, dialups) and other stuff that I will never use on account of there is no modem or games on this unit.
Is there any basic configuration I can use for the most basic startup to provide uninterupted recording?
Thanks for you responses.

Dan

Go to Start -> Run and type in msconfig. This will bring up a window with one of tabs labeled "startup".

If you select the startup tab you will find a list of items that are processed when your computer boots. Unchecking the check box next to the item will eliminate that item from being processed on startup. Be careful. If you are not sure what something is I would not recommend unchecking it until you find out. It could cause your computer to not boot.

dachay2tnr,
Is there somewhere I can find out what programs some of those hyroglyphics are related too?
Thanks for the reply.

Dan

Back