Driver choices in Sonar with Audiophile

KevinTran

Can someone tell me the difference between the choices in Sonar

M Audio AP Multichannel 1/2 vs. M Audio AP 1/2

Much appreciated.

Also why is there M Audio AP Multichannel 1/2, M Audio AP Multichannel 3/4, and M Audio AP Multichannel 5/6?

thanks

are there really 6 inputs?

kt

Moskus, could you at least help me out with the first question.

don't know the difference between Multichannel 1/2 vs (plain) 1/2.

kt

I think this confusion is caused by the fact that Audiophile shares drivers with other Delta family cards which have multiple inputs. Don't select any "Multichannel" inputs since these are the same as plain inputs.

Sorry, KevinTran. I don't use Delta cards, so I can't tell you exactly. I was waiting for someone else to answer... COME ON, PEOPLE! JAMES, DACHAY, and every other with Delta Cards!!!

With my soundcard software the difference between the multichannel 1/2 and the "normal" 1/2 outputs, is that the multichannel output can be used for surround, and will handle all outputs (ie the ones to 1/2, 3/4, 5/6 and 7/8) and send them out through the first to physical outs.

Maybe it's like that for you too, but there's no guarantee...

:)

Sorry, Kevin and moskus, but I can't be of much help here.

The inputs labeled Multichannel seem to be specific to using WDM drivers (at least I've never seen them using MME drivers). I believe it has something to do with using more than one Delta card in the same system - something Delta calls multiclient, I think.
IOW, having 2 Delta 1010's so you can get 16 inputs.
Delta used to label some of their drivers as "multiclient" drivers, and that's where I have come across this before. As such, I was going to suggest using a "non multiclient" driver version. But in peeking at their site, I don't see where they make this distinction anymore.

Obviosly the workaround is simply input/outputs that work. But I can see where this would be a minor nuisance.

Anyway, that's the full extent of my knowledge on the subject. :)

As for the other problem, even though M-Audio uses the same drivers across the entire Delta line, you should still only see the number of in/outs that your card actually has physically. (Remember SPDIF is an input/output as well.) Why you might see more than you actually have is a mystery to me.

What OS are you using? I might try a different driver version to see what happens.

Midiman ASIO drivers for SONAR 2.2?

I heard that Sonar 2.2 allows you to use ASIO drivers. Does anyone know how to get Sonar 2.2 to use Midiman's ASIO drivers?

Thanks for the replies guys. I'm using XP and there are no newer drivers. I tried fiddling with the Audiophile for about a week and never could get it working smoothly for my needs. I just went back to my SB Live which I know is quite a step down, but it's already done.

No lectures please.

kt

Re: Midiman ASIO drivers for SONAR 2.2?

dronestudios said:
I heard that Sonar 2.2 allows you to use ASIO drivers. Does anyone know how to get Sonar 2.2 to use Midiman's ASIO drivers?
Go to Options -> Audio -> Advanced and select ASIO in the drop-down box. :)

Yo Moskus, thanks man!

I have been tracking your helpful comments about the Audiotrak Inca88 on this BBS and was about to get one for $179. But I needed to sync up two sound cards to get 16 input channels and there was a deal I could not refuse on ebay. I bought two new M-Audio Delta 1010LTs for $200 each.

The 1010LTs now run smoothly with multiple cards by installing the newest driver version 5.10.00.29. See the discussion below:

https://homerecording.com/bbs/showthread.php?threadid=90006&highlight=delta+card

Thanks again Mosk!

No problem! :)

You americans (or whereever you are) that can get a Inca88 for $179??? I envy you! In Norway the Inca88 costs around $500! :eek:

Guess what the Delta1010 costs...

Norway!! Of course things are expensive up there. Everything needs to be shipped in warm packaging. What kind of money you use up there, anyway?

kt

sorry this isn't about cakewalk.

KevinTran said:
Norway!! Of course things are expensive up there. Everything needs to be shipped in warm packaging. What kind of money you use up there, anyway?

Frozen Herrings:D :p Lol

(Norwegian Krone really;) )

Paul881 said:
Frozen Herrings:D :p Lol

(Norwegian Krone really;) )
The Norwegian Krone (NOK) is the official valuta, but frozen herrings is just as much used... :D

Paul881 said:
I will give you two tins of pickled herrings for your gear Moskus:D
Sorry, due to the strong NOK these days, it's up to five tins of pickled herrings and a frozen salmon... :D

moskus said:
Sorry, due to the strong NOK these days, it's up to five tins of pickled herrings and a frozen salmon... :D

I'd figure you'd have plenty of anything frozen. Wouldn't a live salmon be more valuable? Hey how far south is the North Pole from where you are?

kt

KevinTran said:
I'd figure you'd have plenty of anything frozen. Wouldn't a live salmon be more valuable? Hey how far south is the North Pole from where you are?

kt

I can see that Geography was not one of your strong subjects,KT:)

Paul881 said:
I can see that Geography was not one of your strong subjects,KT:)

What do you know, Paul. You're running around barefoot somewhere in the Shire with all your Hobbit friends. Have you ever left Hobbitown? Just so you know, it gets so cold in Norway that the polar bears are killing penguins to make coats.

kt
Sonar is cool.

Back