Drive Belt on a 488MKll ???

bladerunner8801

Drive Belt on a 488MKll ???Drive Belt on a 488MKll ??? Hi

Has anyone changed a drive belt on a 488MKII can anyone give me an idea of how to install a new one, help appreciated.
Also anyone out there got a decent Demagnatizer for sale?

Regards Dale

Last edited:
I'm sure someone's done it, somewhere!

In general, you gain access to the mechanics by removing the bottom cover. Then, it's a matter of removing, or partially removing a bracket or two, just enough to "sneak" the belt in under the bracket, & around the motor pulley & flywheel.

That info's based on belt replacement on the 244. Hope it translates well to the 488mkII. Good luck!;)

Hi

I did remove all the screws and the base does become loose but there seems to be something stopping the base from seperating and i don't want to force it, thee must be someone out who reads these forums who has changed one?

Thanx & Regards

Dale.

It's been quite a while since I disassembled a 488mkII,...

but I don't recall anything specific that would be "tricky".

Make sure & be positive that you've removed all the screws. There may be a couple screws that may be hidden by,... something,... like a foot, or a sticker,... or something. Sorry, but I can't remember anything specific at this time. Keep trying!! ;)

A Reel Person said:
but I don't recall anything specific that would be "tricky".

Make sure & be positive that you've removed all the screws. There may be a couple screws that may be hidden by,... something,... like a foot, or a sticker,... or something. Sorry, but I can't remember anything specific at this time. Keep trying!! ;)

Great advice, Dave

What about this:
From Nowhere Radio's Website:

"Copyright notice. All material on nowhereradio.com is protected by copyright law and by international treaties. You may download this material and make reasonable number of copies of this material only for your own personal use. You may not otherwise reproduce, distribute, publicly perform, publicly display, or create derivative works of this material, unless authorized by the appropriate copyright owner(s)."

You see, Dave, you have violated the copyright laws and put nowhere radio in jeapordy. You are a low life weasle at best. Pay the royalties.

Thanx Everyone for your help i realised after that there are 2 screws in the cassette compartment once i released these the unit came apart ok after disconecting a few cables.

Regards Dale.

Yes, yes!

Sorry I couldn't remember those two pesky little screws, myself. It's been a while, but I indeed disassembled a 488II, and didn't recall exactly what the "trick" was! There's always a screw or two that takes a bit of extra time to find. It's always that way! Good luck! Thanx! ;)

Back