Drawing 4 Ruzo (nobody else look :=)

knightfly

GrouchyOldFartOnBatteries
Ruzo, here's the temporary absorber mount I mentioned, it can be used anywhere you want to be able to choose between absorption or not... Steve

Attachments

• trapmnt2.jpg
    trapmnt2.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 188
Yeah, ya can't trust NOBODY anymore - even the 21 other peeps that looked and wouldn't admit it :=)

:eek: OOPS....I accidently saw this. Honest injun Steve :) Hey, why can't we look. Your drawings show exactly what you intend to show. Cool. Hey Steve, we call those hook cleats. The lower one is attatched to the wall, the upper to the absorber frame. Right?(just for clarification) damn, there I go again buttin in on other peoples threads. Ok, I'm otta here. Sorry Steve....now whats that sign over there?..... Do not enter. Verbotten! This means you..... Hmmmmm, curiosity is gonna kill me one of these days:D

Yeah, prob'ly got twice as many takers with that subject as I woulda' if I'd begged for lookers... Just in case there's anybody left that thought I was serious about not lookin, just remember - Not only do I know where you live, I have your cat (and a great new recipe for stir-fry... evil laughter fades out...)

Actually, Ruzo's a member on John's site and RO, neither of which helps much right now, and he's wanting to finish up his construction so he can get back into production, so I put that up here for him. Anybody wants to use the idea, feel free... Steve

Oh, except for you Fitz - yer a marked man, me laddy... Aarrrrrr...

I looked too, I couldn't help it. You could also put the same mounting rail and bumper on the front so you could flip it if you want the room to be brighter.

Eric

Another option, and feel free to ridicule it entirely... is to use a speaker bracket - the kind that are essentially a flat plate thats bent at the bottom, extending the width of the speaker, which hooks into a similar bracket thats mounted on the wall upside down. You can get 1/4" brackets that can support 100+ lbs easily enough.

instead of one 12" wide bracket on the wall, get a shop to bend a 1/4" thick, 2" wide 10' strip in their sheet metal brake so you have a bracket that extends the width of the wall. Then slide absorber around where you like.

Good for 100 lbs :)

Oh, except for you Fitz - yer a marked man, me laddy... Aarrrrrr...

Hahahahahahah! Ya don't scare me Steve. I'm so marked now that one more ain't gonna do much, UNLESS your talkin Tesla coil therapy :eek: you'd get my attention with that:D

Man, the whole kit and kibootal is here from Johns site. Hello Eric.

fitZ:p

nstead of one 12" wide bracket on the wall, get a shop to bend a 1/4" thick, 2" wide 10' strip in their sheet metal brake so you have a

Hey frederic, much cheaper to just buy one. There are at least three companys I know of that make metal "hook cleats". You buy 10', cut 2 pieces the length you need. One piece acts as the top, one as the bottom as they are identical hooks. Only 1/4" thick. You can find them at store fixture and cabinet supply shops. Cheap. Like 6$. I had a 10' piece braked for my linear motion glides on my console and it cost me $30 for 2 bends. Crap. But as usual, for hook cleats, I'm a cheap skate. I just rip a long piece on the table saw with a 45 degree bevel, cut em to length and voila! Hook cleats. I use them all over the place! Even speakers in the shop. Use ply and they hold a lot of weight. Usually I put a spacer the same thickness at the bottom to keep things plumb, as they have a tendency to lean in at the bottom without them.
Lots of different ways to do this though. Steve as usual, picks a logical way. Another way is to find slatwall hooks and reverse one for use on a regular wall. They come in plex, metal, etc. I actually use slatwall in my studio, with slatwall guitar hooks, that adjust in either horizontal direction, for saving space between guitars. You've seen em in music stores. I just asked the store to sell me 6 of them. Slatwall shelving brackets, chrome display faceouts, and a zillion other similar brackets that can also be found at store fixture supply houses. I use them for cords, headphones and even made a couple of custom "pin/sleve" slatwall brackets for my surround speakers. That way I could move them ANYWHERE in the studio till I liked what I heard. Slatwall works great. I also see that RPG is making a panel that is acoustically designed for absorption, via machined slots/holes, which some designers are now using in thier console and FX/producer fixtures. It seems to me, you could custom make brackets to fit these slots/holes, and have absorption going on at the same time. I gotta try that one. hey, you could even use it on the floor on the speaker side of a console. Absorption in the floor. What more could you ask for. Ha!

fitZ:)

Hey Rick,

When your favorite bar is closed you have to go hang at your old favorite.

I'm going to be away from a computer for two weeks, I don't know how I'm going to handle it.

Eric

Hey frederic, much cheaper to just buy one. There are at least three companys I know of that make metal "hook cleats".

True.

I have a friend who has a 10' metal brake, and I co-own the CNC Bridgeport, so I often think of things in terms as to what I would do.

You're right, the average guy should just buy the right cleats.

Heck, for the last radical car project, I made my own intake because I couldn't find one with a large enough plenum.

*sigh*.

If I were you, and had that stuff, I'd do the same. Much more fun to do it yourself, even if its difficult work. But manifolds? Only you frederic, only you:D Ya kill me.

fitZ

knightfly said:
Actually, Ruzo's a member on John's site and RO, neither of which helps much right now,

yeah..what's with John's site..haven't been able to log in for ages..:(

Sen, John's site should be back up after the first of the year - it's 600 miles or so from John's place and had a "coronary" while Peter is out of country. Apparently hardware failure kept John's daughter from being able to handle it for him. Have patience, it'll be back soon... Steve

Back