DPS cards and changes to PCI

ColdAsh

I was just woundering what effect you guys think the ghanges to PCI will have on DSP cards. Now that most apps can compensate for the latency is there a huge bottleneck with PCI?
Will PCI express have a big impact on DSP cards? (I'm talking more about cards like UAD than Pro tools HD cards) Has anyone heard of any plans of a PCI express DSP card?

it will all be driven by the market.......

ColdAsh said:
I was just woundering what effect you guys think the ghanges to PCI will have on DSP cards. Now that most apps can compensate for the latency is there a huge bottleneck with PCI?
Will PCI express have a big impact on DSP cards? (I'm talking more about cards like UAD than Pro tools HD cards) Has anyone heard of any plans of a PCI express DSP card?

along with old style pci being phased out, dual core processors will be phased in and the os and applications will migrate to 64 bit code.

as programmers learn to program multiple threads, intels hyperthreading will begin to (finally) pay off. cards that have multiple dsp units will fare better than those with just one.

(IMO, YMMV)

Back