DP3 Users? Help Needed

MOTU

Okay, here's my reason for joining the BBS. I need some help with DP3. Anyone out there use DP3 that can help? I'm not sure where to post this, so I thought I would try here in the Newbie's forum.

I've done a search to see if the answer is already in a thread somewhere, but I didn't find it. I'm not saying it's not out there, but I didn't see it. I use DP3 and would like to record more 2 tracks at a time. How do I do so? I've got a MOTU 2408 mkII, as that's an important piece. So if I have 2 signals going into the 2408 and then into DP3, what do I need to do in DP3 to record both at the same time? I'm sure it can be done, but I don't know how and I do not have my user's manual.

Any help?

Thanks,
MOTU

MOTU said:
Okay, here's my reason for joining the BBS. I need some help with DP3. Anyone out there use DP3 that can help? I'm not sure where to post this, so I thought I would try here in the Newbie's forum.

I've done a search to see if the answer is already in a thread somewhere, but I didn't find it. I'm not saying it's not out there, but I didn't see it. I use DP3 and would like to record more 2 tracks at a time. How do I do so? I've got a MOTU 2408 mkII, as that's an important piece. So if I have 2 signals going into the 2408 and then into DP3, what do I need to do in DP3 to record both at the same time? I'm sure it can be done, but I don't know how and I do not have my user's manual.

Any help?

Thanks,
MOTU

What's a DP3?

Do you mean the DMP3?

Last edited:
Hey MOTU, If you want to record multiple audio tracks at the same time in DP, you need to enable multirecord, are you recording live inputs, such as instruments with microphones? I use DP 4.5, but I am a former DP 3 owner.

RhythmRmixd said:
Hey MOTU, If you want to record multiple audio tracks at the same time in DP, you need to enable multirecord, are you recording live inputs, such as instruments with microphones? I use DP 4.5, but I am a former DP 3 owner.

Yeah it would be live inputs. How/where do I enable mulitrecord in DP3?

How do you like DP 4.5? What are the main benefits of upgrading?

MOTU said:
Yeah it would be live inputs. How/where do I enable mulitrecord in DP3?

How do you like DP 4.5? What are the main benefits of upgrading?

It should be in one of the drop-down menu's, next to MIDI patch thru and audio patch thru. You just click on it to check it. Then if you have several audio tracks it will allow you to record enable more than one, but remember you have to have enough voices allocated to record several tracks at once. This is dependant on your CPU resources. Voice settings can be found in the Configure Studio Setup command.

DP4.5 has been a huge plus for me. It's newest features include automatic latency compensation for third party plug-ins, a consolidated window that keeps all your little windows (such as mixing board, sequence editor, graphic editor, etc.) in one big window that makes it easier to manage, and other things like a beat detection engine and tempo analysis.

Try to order a copy of the user's manual from Motu's website. You'll be in the dark without it. There is MUCH to learn from this program.

I've got a decent handle on lots of stuff...but I haven't really expanded my skills in the couple of years of experience with it. With that being said, there is probably a lot I could/should learn. However, I also get along well with what I already know.

Thanks for your help.

Back