Dp 01fx

I have the DP-01 and love it. First digital recorder I've used that has a fat warm sound like analog. EQs are also sweet. No menus to shift through when recording on the fly. Simply arm the track, run your line into input A or B, then hit PLAY-REC.

Dp01fx

your getting me excited...damn....it's actually user friendly?!
? Does it down load easily to PC/CD-R?
? Does it have a decent Mixdown effects catalog? compression,reverbs etc.
MASTERING type stuff??
? Is it easy to keep effects set to seperate tracks? Can you apply reverb to track one while recording TR1, and then add distorted guitar to TR2....
effects record to the track?
?How much time on 40gig with 8tracks and effects?
??Can you download the 8-Track format to PC?

my gut instinct is this may be a good one.....keep posting your PRO'S AN CON'S.please.

Really have been looking into PC for somwetime, for the Qty. of tracks and Mixdown/Mastering functions....confusion. (no refunds on software!)

there's just something thats too Engineering Intrusive on the first glance with the PC crap (just reading computer lock-ups etc in the threads! yikes) makes one uke.
PC recording sounds like Pro-studio engineering required sht.

Maybe a DP01 and stick with a dedicated PortaStudio for creative tracking!! Then use a PC for Mastering and Burning??? while at work??? yes.

easystreet said:
I have the DP-01 and love it. First digital recorder I've used that has a fat warm sound like analog. EQs are also sweet. No menus to shift through when recording on the fly. Simply arm the track, run your line into input A or B, then hit PLAY-REC.

I'm a bit skeptical the Roland 840 I had was anti-user firendly.

Is saving songs with effects easy?

thinking about getting one of these. maybe tryout one thru GC????

Be cool Cat. Don't know much about it. Hope to have it in a day or so. Appears to be easy enough from what little I can find on the Net.

Just got the DP-01

This is GREAT for the technophobe such as myself! I've put off getting into digital for so long just because I was scared of it mostly! :eek: This unit is actually easier to use than my old cassette four track. I had more trouble figuring out the Behringer V-amp that I bought along with this. I haven't had much time to really check it out properly, but I filled up seven tracks last night with no trouble, and they all sound good too. I'm a-diggin' it!

Dp-01fx

I got mine yesterday, and I am extreemly pleased so far. It actually "feels" like the old analog Porta series, which I personally liked as well. Almost all of the Acoustic Guitar effects are incredible, the ones that are not, are useable they just really don't do anything for me.
For us old timers that have been out of the game for awhile, it is the perfect "bridge" into digital recording, IMHO. I was mistakenly under the impression after reading a little of the owners manual online, that it had a basic metronome built in. It doesn't, it has a MIDI metronome output, oh well, another $150 for a drum machine. What the heck, I need one anyway! With TASCAM you can't go wrong!

Until Then,
Straight Ahead
Todd

I was hoping for a metronome too. Oh well. But sure is easy enough and more effects than I thought there would be. Sounds good so far (just been messing with a Variaxe Acoustic and a Yamaha Silent Guitar so far.
Swithching betweem headphones, M Audio monitors, and a Bose PAS..all pretty darn good. I beleive it is a winner for us older cassette and reel to reel guys and simple for beginners.

Dp01

sounding good....user friendly digital equipment!!

is it easy to apply effects? on each track?

DP01....user friendly in the Digital world

trag-o-caster said:
This is GREAT for the technophobe such as myself! I've put off getting into digital for so long just because I was scared of it mostly! :eek: This unit is actually easier to use than my old cassette four track. I had more trouble figuring out the Behringer V-amp that I bought along with this. I haven't had much time to really check it out properly, but I filled up seven tracks last night with no trouble, and they all sound good too. I'm a-diggin' it!

yeah..amen....agree with being an old 4tracker and programming units during creative time sucks.

i've had opportunity to try many types, 4 & 8 Tr cassette,ADAT,MD,Cakewalk,
Roland 840.....
all types were subliminally compared to my first 4-track 144...user friendly for songwriter/homerecording types anyway.

in all fairness alot of my problems were ignorance to things such as pre's and compressors and decent equipment...which may have been why I didn't notice a big change between an ADAT and a 4-track cassette!!

the gang here has been dead-on IMO.
DMP3,SP B-1, RNC (just recieved with bent knob), TC M-300.....huge improvement in my rack and tracking.

DP01 Analog meets Digital Prota studio......sounds like fun.

Noticed a Fiber Output this is good too......can you download and keep in Multi-track form??

whats the latest

Kramster said:
Almost too easy.

any new news? i'm thinking i'll pick one up.
may have to trade off some sht, but its sounding very good with the multi-track download ability. all threads are saying USer Friendly #1....for us old
porta-studio guys.

sad news i had to pump $600 into my fhkng car that died in rush hour traffic Tues....fhkng sad sht. a $20 fhkng thermostat blew, that caused the radiator to blow.....

almost too easy...get outta here!

I only been playing with it alittle and really like it. I'm doing a "piano" CD but am using the sequencer in a Ensonig TS-10 and the piano sound of a Yammy P120 (so far). Might go into the Tascam or a stand alone CD burner. (See how I stay away from computers?) So haven't done much more than Acoustic Variaxe stuff on the Tascam. But it is THAT easy. Plus trying to get another house which is cutting into my time. All my music "toys" demand more space. Always somethin'.

tascam digital unit

saw it in musicians friend last week. how many tracks can you record at once? its sounds like the perfect bridge to digital recording since im digitally challenged! :o

Two track simultaneous record, max.

Single input to single track;
Single input bridged in mono to two tracks;
Two inputs straight to two tracks.

... sums it up. :eek:

well whadda ya know

ronsmith said:
saw it in musicians friend last week. how many tracks can you record at once? its sounds like the perfect bridge to digital recording since im digitally challenged! :o

i been hounding this site.
had a yammie MD8 which has been great but ready for a new system.
DP has got my brain occupied....

hard.
pc has tracks.
dp has the musician groove.

been really pounding it out. dp is in the lead due to all the fhkng
pc forums wind up talking about upgrading or lock ups.
but i have an 8Track now that is great? No fiber optic out is
about as bad as this Yammie MD8 is. and with the Yammie I can
pull the disc and save the tune for another day, and put in another.

i just can't see using a mouse to turn up the treble or rewind...
or singing into a computer screen? old porta-studioheads man.

seriously, go read the pc forums....daaaang.

Being a gearhead is enjooyablly painful. :)

I'm gonna have to say,...

the Yamaha MD8 is technically superior to the DP-01/FX, by far.

There are many key points that the DP-01/FX falls short, especially in contrast to something like the MD8. I don't wanna go on at length, or hijack this DP-01/FX thread, but the features are there for e'one to evaluate on their own.

If you're an experienced MD8'er, you might not be happy hopping to the DP-01/FX, or anything else in that class of recorder-all-in-one'rs. I wouldn't, but YMMV.

Back