downloading plugins - good or bad

fixyjohn

Dear guys

I have downloaded a daw recently. then i heared the availability of free plugins vst and dx in the net.

i started downloading plugins and now i have loaded my pc with more or less 100 plugins some good and some bad.
Wheather i am using it or not is a big question?

is this (the habit of downloading and loading the daw with free and paid plugins ) good or bad?

kindly advice
or shall we delet the plugins which is uncomfortable and unsatisfactory?

If you like a plug-in, use it. If you don't like it. Don't use it.

As long as you're downloading freeware/shareware and not pirating, then what does it matter?

wow... I just listened to abunch of your tunes, Rami. This is a class of drumming I haven't heard before... I mean Holy sh_t! Awesome. What a delight this was... like hearing an orchestra in a trap set.

Dear guys

I have downloaded a daw recently. then i heared the availability of free plugins vst and dx in the net.

i started downloading plugins and now i have loaded my pc with more or less 100 plugins some good and some bad.
Wheather i am using it or not is a big question?

is this (the habit of downloading and loading the daw with free and paid plugins ) good or bad?

kindly advice
or shall we delet the plugins which is uncomfortable and unsatisfactory?

download what you need not what you can

cant see the point of having 20 reverbs..it just confuses the issue

KVR is a great website for free plugins, CM magazine is also good...but there's tons out there

a good idea is to have two folders in your VST folder...one for plugins you're going to keep and one for those you have yet to try

I think it's good practice when you're starting out to download all the free stuff you can get your hands on and give it a try. But try limiting yourself to a certain set of plugs to do a mix, then try the same song with a different set of plugs. That's the only way you will find out quickly what's working and what isn't working for you.

I have a couple of UAD cards and 20+ of their plugs, I also invested into the Waves stuff a while back and got the API & SSL stuff as well as the Sonalksis and URS stuff.

With that lot I have all my bases covered and I should have too for the money I've invested but every now and then I'll pull out some free plugs, namely the digital phishphones stuff. Some free plugs are too good not to use. Once you've done the same mix or a couple of different mixes with different sets of the free plugs you'll get an idea of what works best for you. Then you can go back and delete al the crap you never use.

I could give you a list of the good free plugs on offer but you'll learn more by downloading the crap aswell and figuring out for yourself what works and what doesn't.

Happy mixing :)

Back