download and mix

I was going to try a mix but...

"This file is neither allocated to a Premium Account, or a Collector's Account, and can therefore only be downloaded 10 times.

This limit is reached."

I was going to try a mix but...

"This file is neither allocated to a Premium Account, or a Collector's Account, and can therefore only be downloaded 10 times.

This limit is reached."
yea sorry about that I don't have anywhere else to upload it I think after midnight or sometime tomorrow you can download it again if not I will see if nl5 will let me up load it to his server

This is my funny take on this. This was sloppy played. The singer has the worst mic technique ever! There was a guitar completely missing so I had to double it. All this took like, I don't know, 30 minutes. Let me know what you guys think.

This is my funny take on this. This was sloppy played. The singer has the worst mic technique ever! There was a guitar completely missing so I had to double it. All this took like, I don't know, 30 minutes. Let me know what you guys think.

those drums sound pretty bad and the sensitivity is not right on the drum replacer you are using the guitars need to have more crunch...are you using drumagog? or some other triggering software

those drums sound pretty bad and the sensitivity is not right on the drum replacer you are using the guitars need to have more crunch...are you using drumagog? or some other triggering software

Dude if you're so hardcore into sampling why don't you do it yourself? You are the one asking for charity! :P

I would say that this genre is dead. But if you're going to track this style of music get some good drum samples.

I am not going to d/l the originals but I think the tracking is pretty well done. It just seems like the mix is too open for this style of music at the moment. Maybe get a second guitar track going.

Also you might want to double track the vocals.

I think this genre is defined by being super busy and this isn't that at all. It is not an insult at all, but I feel like it is not busy enough. If that makes any sense? :P

Good luck,

-jD

Dude if you're so hardcore into sampling why don't you do it yourself? You are the one asking for charity! :P

I would say that this genre is dead. But if you're going to track this style of music get some good drum samples.

I am not going to d/l the originals but I think the tracking is pretty well done. It just seems like the mix is too open for this style of music at the moment. Maybe get a second guitar track going.

Also you might want to double track the vocals.

I think this genre is defined by being super busy and this isn't that at all. It is not an insult at all, but I feel like it is not busy enough. If that makes any sense? :P

Good luck,

-jD
I wasn't trying to a douche I was just pointing out some stuff I mean after all this is a site to help people improve I mean if there wasn't critics then everyone would be good at everything right?and I am not asking for charity I just uploaded this for fun and for learning purposes I am contributing to the site if I am doing something wrong then I would like someone to tell me cause I hope to be good at this at sometime.

I had horrible drums to begin with! I could try to fix some, but they sound bad and are played really sloppy. I chose a clicky kick cause that's was mostly used in this genre. The guitars are just how you recorded them. Had to took a hell a lot of low cause they got all over the place. The singers technique for recording, sucks! You can grab the mic like that for playing live, but for recording is not the right way. Sounds like he's jumping as he's screaming whatever the hell he's "singing". The song has no end. It just stop that it. If I were you, I'll record everything again, but correctly.

I had horrible drums to begin with! I could try to fix some, but they sound bad and are played really sloppy. I chose a clicky kick cause that's was mostly used in this genre. The guitars are just how you recorded them. Had to took a hell a lot of low cause they got all over the place. The singers technique for recording, sucks! You can grab the mic like that for playing live, but for recording is not the right way. Sounds like he's jumping as he's screaming whatever the hell he's "singing". The song has no end. It just stop that it. If I were you, I'll record everything again, but correctly.

I don't think he held the mic while recording I could be wrong tho but yea we are going to retrack everything that was just for a demo we didn't even play it to a click. we recorded two songs that one and another but the other I really didn't like I think there was some latency in the guitars cause we doubled them and they just sound delayed did you hear the mix I done on it ???

Hey -

I finally got time to take a look at this. I don't know how to say this nicely, but it's really not worth messing with. I didn't even get past the drums. They are not well played, and are not well recorded in the least. Sorry to be harsh, but it's the truth. The drummer needs to learn to tune his drums better, and learn how to play the double kick. It would take way more time to edit the tracks than it would be worth.

Also, I don't know how it was mic'd, but it's kinda screwy. The files are all stereo as well. They should be mono.

Can you post a link to the thread of your mix? Maybe we can try and help get your recording better.

That's what I'm saying! LOL.
Hey -

I finally got time to take a look at this. I don't know how to say this nicely, but it's really not worth messing with. I didn't even get past the drums. They are not well played, and are not well recorded in the least. Sorry to be harsh, but it's the truth. The drummer needs to learn to tune his drums better, and learn how to play the double kick. It would take way more time to edit the tracks than it would be worth.

Also, I don't know how it was mic'd, but it's kinda screwy. The files are all stereo as well. They should be mono.

Can you post a link to the thread of your mix? Maybe we can try and help get your recording better.

Back