Double Display Question

framos

Okay, here's a stupid question for ya'll.

A have a Mac G4, Cubase VST 32 v.5, a Delta 1010, mic pres, Event 8 monitors and assorted other equipment. I've just started learning about multi-track recording and I've noticed at some of the pics that several people use double displays. I have a single cheap Envision 17" CRT display because I didn't think it would be worthwhile to get the very impressive but costly Mac LCD displays.
Now the CRT display works fine for now, but I've noticed that as I begin to add more tracks and effects, etc., I have a screen that jumbled to the max. I assume the double display takes care of this problem.
I wouldn't mind buying another 17" Envision CRT, but do I need special connections? I've already called the Mac helpline and I get differing advice. Do I need a special program such as Remote Desktop for my Mac? And what special adaptors do I need?
Is anyone out there using double displays that can give me advice?

framos

I don't use a mac, but you'll need a video card that can support a dual setup.. many of the newer cards have a normal analog input and also a digital input. If your second monitor dosen't have a digital output the video card should come with ah analog to digital adapter..

I use a dual-monitor setup, also. Unfortunately, for this thread, I am a PC user.

You will definately need a different or new video card.

I use a Radeon 9500 Pro video card.

Depending on the model of G4 you possess, you might already be setup for a dual-monitor configuration.

Back