Double Click FX Windows

squibble94

Nature of Force
Hey guys, I find it annoying when I close an effect window, Reaper auto selects the next effect on the list, and opens that one in a window. Is there any way to make it so I HAVE to double click to open the effect?

I'm not sure I understand the question.

So you open a track's FX list and double click one of them to pop it out as a separate window?
Then when you close that window, the next effect pops out? Is that's what's happening?
If so, I've never seen that.

I'm not sure I understand the question.

So you open a track's FX list and double click one of them to pop it out as a separate window?
Then when you close that window, the next effect pops out? Is that's what's happening?
If so, I've never seen that.

No. Say I have my effects list open and I have Reverb, Chorus, and Delay on a track. If I delete the delay, the chorus window comes up and I get the window that says "You may have a plug in on the top layer" or something like that. I want to make it so I HAVE to click on an effect for it's GUI to show up.

No. Say I have my effects list open and I have Reverb, Chorus, and Delay on a track. If I delete the delay, the chorus window comes up and I get the window that says "You may have a plug in on the top layer" or something like that. I want to make it so I HAVE to click on an effect for it's GUI to show up.

i can't say that i remember ever seeing that window before, weird.

if reaper didn't bring up the gui for the next plug in the chain after removing a plug, what would come up? blank space?

I've also never seen the "You may have a plug..." message. What difference does your first pluging being in the "top layer" make?

I have no clue. It must be an 64 bit thing...

I've never seen that either and I run both versions (32 and 64)

weird..

Is it with every plugin, or only when you're running bridged 32-bit plugins? The default behavior is that you have to click on the plugin name to show its GUI.

I guess if all else fails, you could always try running "REAPER (reset configuration to factory defaults)" from the Windows start menu.

I've never seen that either and I run both versions (32 and 64)

weird..

Is it with every plugin, or only when you're running bridged 32-bit plugins? The default behavior is that you have to click on the plugin name to show its GUI.

I guess if all else fails, you could always try running "REAPER (reset configuration to factory defaults)" from the Windows start menu.

Only with bridged.

Ok let's start there.

What if you right-click the plugin in the FX browser and select "Run as > Embed bridged UI" (or something similar..not at the DAW at the moment..) Then load the plugin onto a track?

Oh may gawd. Thank you so much!!!!!! :D :D :D

Attachments

• 1269385664419_thumb.jpeg
    1269385664419_thumb.jpeg
    58.6 KB · Views: 17
Oh may gawd. Thank you so much!!!!!! :D :D :D

Heh no problem. Yes I R Wizard. :rolleyes: :D

Another tip: To set all of your plugins to run in bridged mode do the following...

* Open the FX browser
* Select "All Plugins"
* Select the first plugin in the list
* Scroll to the end of the list, hold shift and click the last plugin
* Right-click > Run as > Embed bridged UI

:D Now whenever you come across a plugin that doesn't like having the GUI embedded, you can just disable it. Better than going through each plugin, one by one!

I'm glad your problem is fixed!

Heh no problem. Yes I R Wizard. :rolleyes: :D

Another tip: To set all of your plugins to run in bridged mode do the following...

* Open the FX browser
* Select "All Plugins"
* Select the first plugin in the list
* Scroll to the end of the list, hold shift and click the last plugin
* Right-click > Run as > Embed bridged UI

:D Now whenever you come across a plugin that doesn't like having the GUI embedded, you can just disable it. Better than going through each plugin, one by one!

I'm glad your problem is fixed!
THAT'S EVEN BETTER!!!! Thank you so much. That has been bugging me since I first started using Reaper.

Back