Double Bass Recording

Bdrum

OKAY, IF YOU WERE TO HAVE TWO (MATCHED?) PAIR OF BASS DRUM MICS.... WHAT WOULD THEY BE?
Now do they really have to be matched? :confused:

I use either AKG D112s or Shure Beta 52s. They don't have to be matched, but they should be the same mic. Unless the drummer has a very expensive kit, the bass drums won't be matched.

matched Bass Drums

Farview said:
I use either AKG D112s or Shure Beta 52s. They don't have to be matched, but they should be the same mic. Unless the drummer has a very expensive kit, the bass drums won't be matched.
Can you Imagine two matched Bdrums? :p

Bdrum said:
Can you Imagine two matched Bdrums? :p
They usually can achieve that by cutting one long shell in half. (You can order a single shell up to 48" long, and then cut it into segements)

I think the biggest that DW actually makes is a 24" diameter - anything bigger they still order from Keller. (since the majority of kick shells are 20" or 22", they really don't need to be able to make much bigger than that.)

My kicks don't match exactly in timbre, but I put so much shit in them that it doesn't really matter. LOL I can tune them to the same pitch, and the will sound almost exactly the same, one just has a little bit brighter attack.

tim

Thats awesome

My original kit has two bass drums that the serial #s are real close.
Maybe I'll take up 4 channels, Two triggers and two mics. :p

Bdrum said:
My original kit has two bass drums that the serial #s are real close.
Maybe I'll take up 4 channels, Two triggers and two mics. :p

Serial numbers don't matter. usually, they just reach in a box of name plates and grab a handfull and start applying them.

Tim

Back