Doobie

RFR

Yup, the Doobie Brothers. Probably not too many know they have a new album out.
Completely back to their roots. Such a great band largely overlooked in today’s world of corporate pop

Thanks for the heads up. Always have been a fan of the Doobie Brothers from day one. Gen Z hasn't a clue of what they'd missed out on. Gen Z would likely say, "Doobie who?"

You know, when I see these guys still doing this, It makes me think how many of these bands are becoming cover bands of their own group. I mean because in many cases most, or even all in some cases, of the original couple of iterations are gone and it's a bunch of newer members covering the older material. This isn't meant to say they're no good or disliked, just sayin'... for boomers like me it's kinda weird in a way.

Now here’s a ‘bonafide’ cover band of itself ;)

Only Tom is left. It’s like a franchise, but the CEO works there too. 😂

We’ll see more and more of that as the giants of our youth fall away.

But the music...... well, that transcends.

I remember my sister and her husband telling me about seeing the Doobie Brothers playing the Civic Center in Providence, RI. A fight of some sort happened at stage front. Patrick Simmons unstrapped his guitar and swung his guitar down on the head of one the assholes. A guitar tech handed Simmons another guitar. Simmons stepped to a mike saying, "We came here to play our music. If you're not going to listen, we're leaving."

It's a true story.

"The Doobie Brothers used to be one of my favorite bands back in the 70s. They were one of the first concerts that I went to. I still remember it well. I was 15 years old. My father dropped me off at the Civic Center. I bought my $5 ticket to get in. Back then arena rock was big. Mostly every band could fill a civic center. The Doobies were no exception. Fans shared their “doobies” with others next to them. It was a lot of fun. One overzealous audience member managed to piss off Patrick Simmons. This guy was up against the stage doing something that wasn’t cool. There were no barricades separating audience from band. To this day I am not sure what this guy did, but it culminated with Pat Simmons cracking the guy over the head with his electric guitar! The show went on......."

Back