DONT WORRY! just another thread about vox booths...haha

Rawbzilla

So i have an Iso booth in my studio (a room in a band practice facility) but its pretty poorly built not my job btw, (one layer sheet rock, r19, and another layer of sheet rock) it really doesnt block ANYTHING out, someone told me that an "ALL SOUNDBOARD"(4 - 7 plies of soundboard...also, what is soundboard?) iso booth is the industry standard, now obviously, this is not a very educated statement because if it was the industry standard, people in the industry would do it right? ive been in music production and recording for over 14 years (im 21, yes...i started very young) and ive always heard this: "a layer of sheet rock, rubber spacers, another layer of sheet rock, r19, foam, r38/39, two layers of sheet rock" which one is more accurate? or at least, in your honest opinions, and also, what could i do to deaden by vox booth without tearing it out or building another one inside of it? i have tons of foam but most of it is the egg crate kind, i only have ten, one foot squares of auralex, and thats already spot treating the control room. any help is appreesh. by the way, the dude who was in the room before me apparently was angry that he couldnt take the iso booth (even though it states in the contract BUILDING MODS WILL STAY IN THE ROOM IF CONNECTED TO WALLS) so he decided to take a hammer to the only wall not touching another wall or with a door on it, meaning, my left wall has a hole in it, and he tore the foam out, and the door has been removed too (temporarily replaced with a foam filled metal door)...so, before i go to the depot and buy a door and frame, what should i do? double the room? and what kind of door should i use? also, where can i get this wonderful "soundboard"?? thanks for any help guys!!!

Back