Don't waste your money!!!!

goldencd

I recently bought an Alesis Ion after reading what faithful repoductions of true analogue synths it had. At the time I had only heard an analogue synth briefly, a Moog voyager bass while BEP was making ther last record. Anyway, I plugged it in and low and behold...the thing was thin and tiny...even in comparison to my recently sold Korg ms2000r.

That is when the gods smiled on me. I shit you not. I went to GC and at the request of my homie who works thier, I bought this thing called an Se-1 from studio electronis. A rack and a BASS MONSTER in his words.

JESUS! THIS THING IS THE GREATEST THING I HAVE EVER HEARD. It turns out it is a true analogue synth rack. not modelling... AND WHAT A DIFFERNCE. This thing is so FAT and Rediculously dope. IT is a true mini moog with Midi.

I got it for $900 bucks. 100 more than a Ion retails for. Turns out that the Se-1 was already updated to an Se-1x and is worth atleast 1400 or so. And worth every penny at that. I am glad that I didn't spend 1900 on a moog voyager rack because the SE-1x sounds better and the guys at studio electronics are amazing and are sending me upgrades for free. (they even called me back on thier off day bassed on a google of my phone number from caller id...that is true customer service)

Dre and fatboy slim use this thing in addition to many others. They are on ebay for the same price I paid for mine.

I am not a gear pimp! But I wanted to share my thoughts on the greatest single piece of gear that I have ever bought! Check STUDIO ELECTRONICS out if you are looking for true analogue sound.

If anyone else has used or uses one, I would love to know what you think. I am selling my ION, so if anyone wants a brand new ION used for 30 minutes with a new gig bag for cheap... get at me. BUT i recomend that you save up for an Se-1x...

Peace

Back