Dont know where, or how, But I caught COVID

First Doc said it was Allergies,
Went three weeks coughing and barely eating, living on a Dayquill, Nyquill cycle. Finally went to the Hospital, results were positive for Covid.
Got sent home with antiviral meds and told to Quarentine for the duration of the meds.

Is still a mystery how I got it, I did everything to NOT get it, washing my hands more often, Masking when out shopping or anywhere there was lots of people, Got all the shots except the latest booster, Never wnebt anywhere with lots of other people. Hardly ever went out for anything, and yet.....
Here I am hopfully recovering from this terrible thing.
Wish me luck folks, I am 76 years old, and I guess if I don't make it out of this I have had a pretty good run.....
Thanks for the memories ...
S

Best of luck on recovery! I'm just now on the backside of a *nasty* chest infection which was not covid-19. Haven't been sick - not a sniffle in about 4 years - and this one knocked me down.

Hope you get better soon and recover fully.

First Doc said it was Allergies,
Went three weeks coughing and barely eating, living on a Dayquill, Nyquill cycle. Finally went to the Hospital, results were positive for Covid.
Got sent home with antiviral meds and told to Quarentine for the duration of the meds.

Is still a mystery how I got it, I did everything to NOT get it, washing my hands more often, Masking when out shopping or anywhere there was lots of people, Got all the shots except the latest booster, Never wnebt anywhere with lots of other people. Hardly ever went out for anything, and yet.....
Here I am hopfully recovering from this terrible thing.
Wish me luck folks, I am 76 years old, and I guess if I don't make it out of this I have had a pretty good run.....
Thanks for the memories ...
S
Hope you make it! Certainly not a good one to catch at 76... Prayers your way!

If you are otherwise healthy (no severe co-morbidities), Paxlovid gives you about a 90% reduction in severe illness/hospitalization risk. The side effects can suck, and you can have some rebound illness when you stop taking it, but it may very well save your life. Best wishes for fast recovery.

Best of luck on recovery! I'm just now on the backside of a *nasty* chest infection which was not covid-19. Haven't been sick - not a sniffle in about 4 years - and this one knocked me down.

Hope you get better soon and recover fully.
I’m traveling at the moment and heard some nasty coughs on the plane…now I’m scared.

Best wishes for your recovery. Do you feel like you're improving at all? What antivirals did they give you?

I have been positive for covid 3 times, never immunized. It just never effected me that badly, but it did hang on for a month at a time... like an extended flu.
For those highly susceptible to complications, covid attacks your respiratory system hard and fast; Faster than you can fight it!
So, if you've already been battling with it for several weeks, then you probably don't have anything to worry about.

They did have to remove my tonsils however... At 57, that was no picnic lol.

I still remember that weird taste/smell...

My mum had covid, aged 90, and survived it.
Although she died of another cause 2 years later.
On the plus side, they know better how to treat covid now.
I wish you a speedy recovery.

I think its a combination of the newer strains are less damaging than the original, and the improved antiviral treatments. My next door neighbor caught the original strain and it killed him within a week. His wife never caught it. This was before the vaccines were even issued. I think some people are just more susceptible to the infection.

Weekender, I hope this passes soon and you're back to 100%.

Back