Don't know my monitors yet. How does this sound to you?

Oysterman

Hi all,

I've just mixed down and uploaded my first completed work done with my home studio equipment. I have had serious problems with my songwriting lately, so finally I decided to do a cover, just to get going using all my expensive (well, to me, at least) gear.

It's a title theme from an old 8-bit Nintendo game (the classic "Metroid"). I had the tune figured out, arranged, written down and recorded on day 1, and mixed on day 2. All midi and bass guitar.

I don't have a clue how it sounds on other speaker systems than the ones I have (Soundcraft Spirit Absolute 2's and Koss UR-20 headphones), so I would like to hear from you what you think of it. Please keep in mind that I am a beginner. :)

I'd be grateful for any and all (constructive) criticism. TIA!

Download it here (2,1 MB)

goddamn that was great!!!!!!
excellent job for the style of music. just slightly boxy, but all in all a very good job.
i know the feeling of not being able to get the creative juices flowing, but you just want to use the equipment. but that was FUN!!!!!

thanks for the tune oysterman.....

Wee, what can I say but, thanks! :) I sure as heck didn't expect that reaction! Glad you liked it!

Must be a lucky shot, I guess. :)

I'd never heard the tune before....nice...when everything kicks in at 1:42 or so, very nice ......I like the way the drums are programmed, but their sound lacks something........I like the reverb on them, but maybe some more low end would be in order.....my opinion.....

Good recording!......gibs

Ditto-I'd like to hear this. My band used to play the nintendo R.B.I. baseball theme sometimes. That game caused more fights.....

Oysterman said:
OK, Tripod decided to delete my webspace account, hell knows why.
Since so few replied, I'll give it another try with a new working URL:

Get it here, please

Tripod doesnt allow direct linking and will delete an account without warning if that catch you direct linking.Most sites dont allow direct linking.

Me Too!

A dumb question,what exactly does direct linking mean?
I'm pretty sure Waldo dosn't allow it either.
I'd hate to find out the hard way!:D

Here's what Waldo has to say about it...

A: Direct or deep linking means to pull the code from the links on your pages on NoWhere and link directly to the download or stream from outside of NWR. It is in essence bandwidth theft, which is illegal.

"Anyone linking with a full URL that looks like:

http://www.nowhereradio.com/artists/2/3332

or

http://207.153.48.241/

STOP IT! That is NOT your real URL, and although it may work occasionally, it is dynamic and constantly changes."

Just copying and pasting for my fellow Texan!

:D

A blast from the past

Wow, this was dead for a long time!
Unfortunately, I have no means of uploading it now, and I won't have until a couple of weeks. I'll get back to ya when it's up, if anyone is still interested in hearing it...

Back