Dont KILL anybody just tell me whats wrong.....

The left channel guitar sounds a little harsh and it's a little hot in the mix.. vocals are too hot for my tastes..

The distortion sounds are very weak and muddy.. the drums get a little lost in the mix.. but it's a good start

oh i just got to the instrumental part where all of a sudden the bass takes over the whole song.. you'll need to tame that a bit

Thanks eeb.

Off to the D1 Basketball game...................
Will make some changes and repost....

Drums are a bit too quiet compared to the guitars....I'd like to hear them louder. They are just a bit hard to hear.....
Vocals seem ok, but it wouldn['t hurt to bring the rest of the stuff up a bit to be more cohesive.

Most of the sounds seem ok, just needs some adjustment in levels to even things out.

Any suggestions or comments would be appreciated.
First full mix with Reaper and reaper/stillwell plugins.

http://www.lightningmp3.com/live/file.php?fid=9952

Boy, do I like your voice.

What I'm hearing is a soundfield/spatial disconnect. The left guitar is right upfront, and drier than the drums and vox. The right one is *closer* to the main field, but still upfront a little. The drums and vox have the right relative balance do each other. Maybe pull both guitars back a smidge, but give them a tiny bit more edge (at 6.3KHz) so they "cut" better, and they'll be present enough for you, but closer to the intended soundfield.

In the instrumental section, the bass guitar got a bit boomy, fuss with 64 and 80Hz there...

Well done overall, very cool, haunting tune!

I would have to agree with Phil above everyone else. pull the guitars back a tad to match the drums/vocal balance.

1. great song. Different idea with the line "this is my abandon"...very nice
2. great voice. bluesy, raw.
3. are these real drums? if so, great drummer. if not, boo to you. snare sounds PHAT BABY!!!!. I would like more verb on it though...just me. Especially at the very beginning when the drums come in and you end the 'lick' with that snare hit, i'd like that to just ring for about 4 minutes... ;)
4. I didn't hear the boominess of the bass everyone talked about, but i'm on cans.
5. Mix - overall good job. look at Phil's post and tidy up...you've got yourself a great song.
6. great message...i can relate.
7. I love the stops towards teh end...very tight. good job.

Cholo

Back