Dongle Indentification?

composer2005

Hello,

It's a long story but basically my computer was stolen by a ' friend ' who also stuffed up my second computer.

I have them back now but that ' friend ' compromised them and a Non Musical Technician is now trying to correct and make a ' ghost ' copy of my entire computer for future safety but he erased the C: Drive including my working registered copy of Cubase Score VST SX5

I have the original Install disks and dongle however after installing Cubase VST Score 5 (which I presume must be installed before any Updates thereafter 5.1 I believe I have) It will not recognise my Dongle and of course the program won't work?

How do I get it to recognise the dongle?

I am also using a borrowed Computer to get to this Forum so perhaps any one that knows specifically what I must do could contact me via my email address franjac1@westnet.com.au

Or here of course!

Many thanks

Composer2005

Did it install the elicense software. Go to steinberg and download the latest. I was going to post a link but their site seams to be down now.

As far as I know you should be able to install your software on any computer and as long as the dongle is plugged in it will work. I've got cubase on a few computers and have never had an issue.

Dongle recognition?

I have a Registered Copy of Cubase Score VST Version 5 that I purchased years ago when I Updated from earlier versions.

My friend helping me says that the Dongle is only registered for Version 3.x?

I have been using my Dongle for years until the need to reinstall but it won't work because it says the Dongle is not Liscenced?

Thanks

Last edited:
All fixed by the wonderful support of Yamaha Support in the Eastern States of Australia

My thanks again for the efforts of help given here also!

Back